Rockwell Automation is a global technology leader focused on helping the world’s manufacturers be more productive, sustainable, and agile. With more than 28,000 employees who make the world better every day, we know we have something special. Behind our customers – amazing companies that help feed the world, provide life-saving medicine on a global scale, and focus on clean water and green mobility – our people are energized problem solvers that take pride in how the work we do changes the world for the better.
We welcome all makers, forward thinkers, and problem solvers who are looking for a place to do their best work. And if that’s you we would love to have you join us!
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected, and more productive. We help the world work better and people work smarter, and we are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers.
Are you interested in shaping a highly effective agile organization? Are you excited about the opportunity to influence and lead other skilled technical contributors? Are you passionate about fostering vital connections and developing a team who will help to make our company, partners and customers more productive and profitable? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, this is your opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic team. As a member of the Rockwell Automation IT organization
The Software Scrum Master is a member of an agile software or embedded software development team. The Scrum Master is a servant leader who helps the team self-organize, self-manage, and achieve its goals via effective Agile, Lean, and ScrumXP practices. They will work with 1-2 agile teams.
The Software Scrum Master understands and effectively applies and coaches Agile and Lean principles within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The Scrum Master creates and maintains an environment for continuous learning and relentless improvement and helps the agile team coordinate dependencies with other teams and communicates status of these dependencies as needed. In this role you will collaborate with other agile teams to identify, promote, and adopt best practices and lessons learned to optimize team and program performance.
- Guides rather than drives teams toward objectives, goals, and continuous improvement
- Initiates and fosters collaboration, communication, and team building
- Works to remove impediments in the organization so that the team can remain focused on achieving its goals.
- Facilitates team and program relentless improvement.
- Helps assure the team follows ScrumXP/Agile best practices and product development processes.
- Helps the team achieve and improve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Facilitates ScrumXP, Agile and SAFe rituals including Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, mid-Sprint review, Demo, Retrospective, and Inspect and Adapt workshops.
- Coordinates solution implementation and delivery with other Scrum Masters and external teams
- Effective and timely communication to all levels of the organization, including progress tracking and reporting.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team and program see how they are doing.
- Balances changes in direction or requirements while protecting the team so the team can achieve committed objectives.
- Collaborates with Product Owners to ensure team execution and performance are aligned with business objectives – near and long-term.
- Helps to create a culture of openness, honesty, and transparency.
- Coordinates with other Scrum Masters and Shared Resources in planning meetings
- Helps manage the team’s relationships with outside stakeholders.
- Coordinates team efforts under architectural and portfolio governance
- Collaborates with an engineering manager to build an Agile culture in teams.
- Fosters a high-performing team by focusing on ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
- Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Ability to deal with conflicts, failure, and protect team by saying “no”
- Demonstrates servant leadership, facilitating and coaching rather than directing.
- Works to empower teams and individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This position typically requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge of agile methodologies and techniques
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Jira Align
- Experience in Software Development/Test, Applications Engineering work, Technical Support is preferred.
- Experience in Agile development environment preferred.
- In depth knowledge of agile methodologies and techniques is preferred
- Experience with Jira and Jira Align
- Experience as a Scrum Master (with certification) and/or Agile Coach is preferred.
- Previous experience in a leadership role is preferred.
The base salary compensation range for this role is 102,720.00 – 128,400.00 USD with an annual target bonus of 5% of base salary. Our company benefits can be found at raquickfind.com