Are you a seasoned Scrum Master with a background in Data and Analytics? If so, this role is for you!
The Scrum Master serves as a change agent and helps facilitate the scrum process, protects the team from interference, and removes obstacles so that the team can deliver the sprint goal. Working alongside the Product Owner, this role aligns the team with the vision, sprint goals, and other key objectives.
- Facilitates daily scrums, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning meetings.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to the team, helping build a high-performing group and strengthening understandings of agile/scrum concepts and principles.
- Identifies and implements ways to strengthen agile teams and the organization through agile/scrum concepts and principles.
- Ensures agile team’s actions are aligned with the project goals and vision and that the agile team’s progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders.
- Assists the Product Owner and the agile team in identifying trade-offs between short- and long-term benefits to drive shared vision.
- Fosters communication and close cooperation between all team members, encouraging cross-training and mutual support.
- Works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization.
- Shields the team from external interferences and removes all impediments to the team’s success.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of flow metrics like cycle time, flow efficiency, cumulative flow, etc. and ability to implement what makes sense.
- Confident and skillful ability to navigate teams through roadblocks impeding delivery progress.
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue, i.e., strong mediator.
- Experience facilitating meetings, identifying risks/dependencies/impediments, and handling multiple priorities at once.
- Knowledgeable about various agile methodologies and skilled in coaching scrum and kanban teams.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor all roles on a scrum team.
- Good understanding of technology-enabled business transformation, digital transformation, organizational transformation, and delivering enterprise-level IT and digital projects.
REQUIRED Experience with Data and Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience with data and analytics
- Agile Certifications, preferably via Scrum.org (PSM I, PSM II, PSK I) or ProKanban.org (PK I).
- 3+ years of experience in leadership or project team role preferred.
- Extensive experience with JIRA/Confluence or other software to help agile teams visualize their work.