Insurity’s vision is all about empowerment. Empowering insurance organizations to quickly capitalize on new opportunities by delivering the world’s most configurable, cloud-native, easy-to-use, and intuitively analytical software. It’s also about empowering our team members through tools, training, teamwork, and professional development opportunities.
To talk the talk, we must walk the walk. We are trusted by 22 of the top 25 Property & Casualty insurance carriers and 7 of the top 10 MGAs in the U.S. today with over 400 cloud-based deployments – and more on the way. That’s proof we walk the walk. While our product suites are some of the most compelling in the industry, it’s our team members who deliver the exceptional value and unrivaled industry expertise our customers appreciate from us.
Our team tells us over and over; working at Insurity offers you the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from some of the most creative and knowledgeable minds in insurance technology. You’ll feel welcomed even before you start your first day with us through our award-winning onboarding program.
Take the first step to joining our team by applying today and we look forward to seeing #UatInsurity.
Insurity’s Next Research Scientist
You will be responsible for applying innovative techniques to create new indemnity applications that are more accurate and efficient, and consistently seeking and initiating research topics/hypotheses to solve difficult computing tasks and creating new software products utilizing complex algorithms and data science techniques.
What Our Research Scientists Will Do
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine needs/weaknesses
- Designing experiments to test the operation of systems
- Analyzing experiment results
- Formulating mathematical models to improve underwriting results
- Presenting findings/recommendations to management
- Specifying business requirements for I.T. projects to be deployed
- Monitoring performance of implemented solutions, and applying enhancements as needed
- Coordinating multidisciplinary project activities with product development teams and actuarial staff as needed
Who We’re Looking For
- U.S. Master's degree in any quantitative discipline
- 2 years' experience: updating and enhancing existing indemnity-related decision support programs; analyzing needs; transforming requirements into technical specifications; providing proof of concept for software solutions; implementing indemnification solutions; and troubleshooting/performing fixes
What’s In It For U
- Flex First Workforce: Do your work best from home or from one of our office locations; it’s your choice.
- Generous Time Off: Our leadership believes in taking the time you need when you need it through our Open PTO Policy.
- Day One Health Benefits + Employer-Matched Retirement Savings: You might think these are table stakes, but we know these matter to you.
- More Than Just Core Values: Our values are fundamental in how we attract, train, and retain top talent.
- Award-Winning Onboarding Program: We set you up from the get-go to make a significant impact from Day One and follow you through your entire first year.
- Real Career Growth Opportunities: We love to promote from within with over 20% of our open roles filled through internal applicants last year.
- Mentorship Program: We support a champion culture and growth mindset by pairing you with experienced, talented leaders to help you grow personally and professionally.
- Internal Networking: Build relationships, network, collaborate, and stay connected with colleagues internally with our one-of-a kind online Coffee for Two program.
- Continuous Learning Opportunities: Own your development with your own LinkedIn Learning + Ted@Work + Kaplan licenses.
- Discounted University Tuition: Employees and their families can start or continue their university career with less out-of-pocket investment through our partnerships with the University of Arizona Global Campus.
- Employee Referral Bonus: Once you come onboard, give Insurity the biggest compliment you can give by referring someone to work here and earn a cash bonus.
We have five Core Values at Insurity; one of which is to Act with Integrity. Providing pay transparency helps you make the best decision for you. We continuously analyze and update our salaries for our roles according to market trends to not only ensure our employees are paid fairly, but also help close gender, race, and disability wage gaps. Along with the benefits listed above, the salary for this role is $88,900.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to creating an exceptional work environment for all our employees by extending a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging into the very fabric of our organization. We embrace differences and diversity of identity, experience, and thought, and actively strive for inclusive behaviors across our company.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Insurity! Please understand that due to the volume of applicants we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted.