As a Report Developer, you’ll play a key role in creating interactive reports, primarily using Power BI and other design tools. Your focus will be on developing reports that support Esri Enterprise in making informed, data-driven marketing decisions. This position will also be responsible for quality control and collaborate across departments with Information Systems & Technology, Enterprise Business Intelligence, Data Performance Management, Integrated Marketing, and the Technology and Data Committee.
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand business questions and document reporting requirements
- Understand relevant data to answer business questions and create visualizations in Microsoft Power BI to enable informed decision-making
- Work with team members to create appropriate data models to ensure optimal user experience possible
- Review and recommend enhancements of existing, widely viewed dashboards
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot Power BI report and Power Apps solutions
- Partner with Change Management to develop documentation and training materials
- Participate in Power BI reporting office hours to support users across the Esri enterprise
- 2 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, information technology, or related field; or 1 year of experience and a Master’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Power BI Desktop with proficiency in SQL queries to integrate data from various sources
- Experience writing complex queries to build reports and dashboards
- Exceptional ability to communicate context, data, and implications effectively to business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate clarity, depth, and relevance in problem solving
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and independently under own initiative
- Strong working knowledge of software development life cycle
- Experience working with snowflake and star schemas
- Working knowledge of collaboration and analysis tools, such as Visio, Lucid charts, Microsoft 365 Office Suite, SharePoint, and Teams
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base pay range is $66,560.00 - $99,840.00.