This position is responsible for the daily maintenance of the billing system, with a working knowledge of billing platform functionality and billing processes. The individual is responsible for accurately capturing and applying all charges made to customer services. This position requires a high attention to detail and the ability to work with multiple systems to ensure accurate billing. The Billing Analyst works with the Billing Manager to update and maintain the Billing System to ensure accurate, timely client billings each month and provide clients with a positive interface experience when disputes arise.
· Daily Maintenance of the Billing System
· Assist in monthly bill closes
· Process onboarding orders and ensure accuracy of syncing data from CT systems to billing system; apply manual charges as necessary
· Refine and improve the onboarding process in SalesForce and billing system
· Process MACDs; apply manual charges as required
· Process catalog service conversions to migrate customers between product sets and/or product catalog versions; ensure that pricing and products are accurate and billing correctly, engaging other department resources as necessary
· Process offboarding/location billing account terminations
· Process contract renewals and apply updated charges in billing system as directed by inside sales; maintain updated contract term details in Salesforce.
· Engage DEV to implement Customer Pricing Override entries to correct syncing/quoting issues
· Attend cross functional meetings as needed
· Provide project based or ad-hoc reporting as required
· Assist with provisioning and billing system integration projects
· Assist with billing vendor relationship
· Assist with process documentation
· Assist in resolving customer disputes and issues, focused on providing the best possible experience for the customer balanced against CallTower’s financial health
· Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of billing processes and system operation
· Engage billing system vendor to escalate and resolve system issues
· Be able to approach workload in a self-directed manner, working independently and in a collaborative nature
· Provide billing system navigational, informational or interpretive assistance to outside departments
· Analyze monthly billing procedures and update accordingly
· Back up billing manager as needed
Essential skills and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or additional relevant experience required
· 3+ years of experience in billing
· Ability to maintain and update billing system and billing processes
· Intuitive, proactive, collaborative, ambitious, creative problem solver, analytical, versatile, and “thrives under pressure” are words that describe you.
· Must be self-motivated with strong time management skills.
· Detail oriented with computational accuracy and character strength.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, demonstrates active listening and comprehension skills.
· Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a highly technically focused organization with a rapidly expanding and changing customer base.
· Strong individual contributor with exceptional organizational and communications skills.
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across all departments.
· Ownership mentality of role and projects.
· Track record in successfully meeting deadlines while handling multiple projects.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including use of pivot, v-lookup tables