About the Organization
Momentum is an award-winning clean-tech consultancy responsible for developing more than $6 billion in funded projects. Based in the heart of beautiful downtown Sacramento, Momentum has a global reach, delivering strategic planning, fund development, project management, and commercialization services for cleantech companies.
We envision a world where clean energy, water, and transportation are abundant, affordable, and available to all.
Our Project Managers work directly with clients and other members of the Momentum team to lead the management of active grant-funded projects and the development of funding applications for new projects. They manage the scope, schedule, and budgets of all projects, communicate expectations and assignments to all project participants, and ensure that products are delivered with excellence on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading diverse stakeholder teams in the development and submission of Federal and State grant applications
- Leading the implementation of funded projects, including regular reporting to funding agencies, fulfilling deliverables, tracking project schedules, managing requirements in the scope of work, etc.
- Collaborating with Momentum’s strategists and client managers to develop and deliver timely work products for clients and agencies
- Supporting clients through the funding agency contracting process for public funding awards
- Advising clients on funding agency requirements, expectations, and project evaluations
- Coordinating and leading project meetings, both internal and client-facing
- Creating and leading presentations for agencies on behalf of our clients
- Developing professional written communications to agencies, clients, and key stakeholders
- Managing multiple projects with competing timelines and deliverables
The Project Manager position reports to a Manager, Product Delivery.
This is a remote eligible position based out of our Sacramento office located at 801 K Street, 28th Floor. This role will require travel to Sacramento for training and onboarding and may require occasional travel to various project sites throughout California and the U.S.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- A detail-oriented and organized approach to all tasks; A high capacity for juggling multiple initiatives, projects, and clients simultaneously, all with varying needs and often under significant time pressure.
- The ability to communicate complex subjects in a clear and accessible manner.
- The ability to read, understand, analyze, and interpret complex Federal and State documents including Requests for Proposals and Scopes of Work.
- A proactive mindset to identify and remove obstacles before they impact project deadlines and schedules.
- An unparalleled sense of individual ownership and pride in all work products.
- Experience developing and submitting grant applications and/or managing grant-funded projects.
Desired Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in sustainable and clean technologies.
Momentum offers a competitive package of benefits that includes:
- Competitive base salary.
- Annual bonuses.
- 100% employer paid health premium options available for all full-time staff.
- Simple IRA with matching contributions.
- Paid-time-off (PTO) of 80 hours/year.
- Paid sick leave of 40 hours per year.
- 12 company holidays.
- Employer paid life insurance policy.
- $50 Cell phone stipend.
- $2,000 annual professional development stipend.
$70,000 - $98,000 + Bonus. At Momentum, it is typical for an individual to be hired at the lower end of the range for their role, however candidates with highly relevant experience, education, and skill level may be considered for higher compensation.
Our Core Values
- Equity First: We strive to embed social justice, belonging, and inclusion in every aspect of our work.
- Expect Candor: We believe transparent, authentic communication produces meaningful results.
- Excellence Through Collaboration: We set high standards and together we exceed them. We strive to create a space where everyone can do the best work of their lives.
- Empower Problem Solving: The challenges of our time will be solved through ground-breaking innovation. We mobilize teams to craft future-shaping solutions for the planet.
- Empathy-Driven Service: We step into the shoes of our clients and teammates to fully understand their unique challenges, hopes, dreams, and goals.
This is the job for you, if you want; a fast-paced, fun work environment with dedicated, hard-working co-workers; a challenging and interesting job, working with clients who are involved in valuable and important projects; a work environment where we take our corporate values and culture seriously; and above all, a job that helps make the world a better place.
If you share our enthusiasm, commitment, and passion for growing great ideas, we enthusiastically invite you to apply for an open position with our expanding team. Momentum offers a competitive salary package and benefits. We also offer significant opportunities for professional growth and quick advancement in a flexible and human-centered workplace.