Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Dealer Inspire is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ and Accu-Trade. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About The Position:
The Project Manager (PM) is an individual contributor (IC) member of the Dealer Inspire Project Management team, responsible for leading the website build and launch process for dealer clients. An exceptionally strong organizer, delegator, and communicator, this person work with up to 15-20 clients at a time to facilitate the build process. The Project Manager helps to set priorities for internal teams, ensures deadlines are met, that work quality is consistent and that it matches the client’s vision, and that the client is aware of and engaged in the website build process.
A Project Manager must be comfortable pivoting projects and plans on the fly in the face of competing priorities and client shifts. They need to be comfortable and confident in addressing client concerns in real time and adept at problem solving in real time. Project Managers need to be comfortable being assertive, comfortable explaining clearly technical elements of the production journey, and solving problems independently.
- Production Execution
- Ability to successfully manage a full client load and be a key resource for the team
- Follow all internal processes required of the team
- Lead (quarterback) the production process for their clients
- Client Satisfaction
- Communicates consistently, often, kindly and assertively with clients to create a delightful and transparent experience
- Have the pulse of the customer; anticipate the client’s perspective of progress and address it proactively
- Balances the clients needs, package limitations are resource availability to find the best outcome for all involved
- Makes proactive recommendations to the client that 1) increase trust in DI and 2) increases revenue, if possible
- Experience Improvement & Implementation
- Know when to discuss deviating from standard practices to improve flow and experience
- Collaborate with other production teams to create improvements in key metrics
- Consistently get projects completed within the required timeframe
- Create milestone schedules that balance revenue recognition and client satisfaction
- Have high CSAT scores
- Ensures website progress through the production journey within the agreed SLAs
- Measurement Details:
- 85% Launch Accuracy & Revenue Recognition
- 10 Average Project Launches Per Month
- 90% Client Satisfaction Score
- 45 Day Average Project Time to Live
- Daily Management of Individual Client Base and Queue
- Daily Milestone Execution & Ticket Resolution
- Scheduling Strategy
- Work closely with leadership to ensure the Production calendar is set for success
- Strategize across teams for accurate launch timelines, development due dates, and client reviews
Key Skills & Requirements:
- 1+ years of project management or similar experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent personal organization skills
- The ability to remain cool under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfort communicating with management, clients, and other team members
- Ability to balance demand and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task, while maintaining attention-to-detail
- Confidentiality, as you will be working with privileged corporate account information
- Ability to get along with everyone, treat everyone with great respect, and have an upbeat pleasant personality
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with Google Suite products
- Familiarity with the intricacies of how websites are built and launched
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position which is not inclusive of bonuses, benefits or other forms of compensation that the position may be eligible for. If you are hired at CARS, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills and/or experience. If the salary range is close to what you're seeking, then we encourage you to apply and learn more about the total compensation package for this position.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Refuel - a service based recognition program where employees receive additional paid time away to learn grow and reset
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!