We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Product Owner works on a cross functional team to create meaningful and simple experiences for their product’s customers. They own the direction-setting, discovery, and prioritization of customer wants and needs. A PO-I typically is new to the role of Product Owner, and as such likely manages products with limited scope and impact.
The Product Owner is responsible for articulating and translating the overall vision for the product into strategy and tactics, and for identifying specific solutions in order to drive necessary business outcomes. This highly collaborative role works closely with stakeholders, end users, and functional and technical team members, in order to rapidly deliver quality solutions to customers.
The Product Owner will be representing the Cyber Defense Product within Information Security. The focus of the teams within the prodct would include, but is not limited to endpoint security, cloud security, network security, SIEM/SOAR, UEBA, and Incident Response. The Product Owner will be a decision maker within the agile framework and drive execution for the engineering and operations teams. Partnering with stakeholders to collaborate on progress towards their objectives and broader objectives of the organization.
**We are open to candidates working remotely anywhere across the United States.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Works as a key team member on a cross functional team, responsible for continuous delivery of value to the customer through compelling and empowering customer experiences.
- Collaborate with Product Manager and stakeholders to ensure work prioritization is aligned with Thrivent’s priorities and overall product roadmap as well as to provide product development feedback and direction.
- Continuously innovates and evolves the product in alignment with strategic priorities. Is responsible for creating, maintaining, and evolving the product roadmap.
- Maintain and refine product backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product. Is available for consultation during agile team planning and grooming sessions as needed.
- Works with other product teams/owners to align product roadmaps and sprint plans, and to focus on delivering the maximum business value to the organization.
- Working as a part of an agile team, ensures the team is aligned around similar goals and objectives and attending all team meetings.
- Engages with customers and users on a regular basis to uncover implicit and explicit needs.
- Develop and track key value drivers that measure effectiveness of product discovery and overall product performance and communicate these to stakeholders and business leaders on a regular basis.
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization’s direction (Product/Agile/DevOps)).
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – courage, collaboration, and commitment by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years relevant business experience.
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development, software development process and procedures.
- Familiarity with principles of Agile Product Management, stakeholder management, market and user research, technology management, and process design.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Passion and understanding of new technology and trends.
- Strong communication abilities to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organization.
- Certified Product Owner or similar certification.
- Experience developing business cases, roadmaps, product execution strategies.
- Ability to prioritize work against enterprise, division, and product strategies. Can effectively communicate rationale and impact for prioritization choices.
- Experience in defining high-quality business requirements and proficient in Agile story writing.
- Experience with foundational product management tools, techniques and principles across discovery, design, build, release, and measure cycle.
- Strong leadership skills to coordinate and motivate product teams, even outside direct reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated experience with user interface design and best practices for usability.
- Experience working in large, complex organizational initiatives.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite with particular emphasis on Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience working within an Information Security and/or Infrastructure team.
- This position is a full-time remote opportunity.
- If you are in the Minneapolis, MN or Appleton, WI location you would have access to our corporate offices in these areas.