As a Product Owner within Thrivent’s Digital & Design team, you are hands-on in creating new and differentiated digital experiences with humans at the heart. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional digital product teams spanning from discovery and research of new ideas, to delivering those ideas to the market. We are looking for those that are eager to learn, excited by ambiguity, and able to skillfully contribute to the evolution of a fast-growing digital brand. You should have a passion for quality in your craft, and you are ready to bring it to a new, high-impact team of thinkers and doers who are breaking down boundaries of what’s possible for digital products in our industry. You also have the understanding that a product isn’t software, but a job to be done by a customer while also bringing experience working with designers.
We are doing things differently and starting many new adventures. Sound like your thing? Join in on the action!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as a key team member on a cross functional team, responsible for continuous delivery of value to the customer through compelling and empowering customer experiences.
- Collaborate with Product Manager and stakeholders to ensure work prioritization is aligned with Thrivent’s priorities and overall product roadmap as well as to provide product development feedback and direction.
- Continuously innovates and evolves the product in alignment with strategic priorities. Is responsible for creating, maintaining, and evolving the product roadmap.
- Maintain and refine product backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product. Is available for consultation during agile team planning and grooming sessions as needed.
- Works with other product teams/owners to align product roadmaps and sprint plans, and to focus on delivering the maximum business value to the organization.
- Working as a part of an agile team ensures the team is aligned around similar goals and objectives and attending all team meetings.
- Engages with customers and users on a regular basis to uncover implicit and explicit needs.
- Develop and track key value drivers that measure effectiveness of product discovery and overall product performance and communicate these to stakeholders and business leaders on a regular basis.
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization’s direction (Product/Agile/DevOps).
- Models Thrivent’s leadership competencies – Model the Way, Rally the Team, and Deliver Outcomes by demonstrating resiliency, working together to make the best decisions, and holding yourself and others accountable.
- Supports and/or develops an environment in which Thrivent employees and colleagues are focused on continuous improvement, exceptional employee engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Shapes and/or supports a culture that represents the Thrivent purpose, promise and values, ensuring that Thrivent’s trust and reputation remain strong with its clients.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years relevant business experience.
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development, software development process and procedures.
- Familiarity with principles of Agile Product Management, stakeholder management, market and user research, technology management, and process design.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Passion and understanding of new technology and trends.
- Strong communication abilities to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organization.