SolidWP is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Owner to lead the development of our innovative suite of WordPress plugins.
As a Product Owner, you will work closely with our development team to define and prioritize product features and functionality based on user needs and market trends. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the product backlog, ensuring that our product roadmap aligns with our business objectives, gathering and documenting requirements, and communicating with stakeholders.
Primary duties include competitor analysis, developing strategies to promote the product line, helping to identify the target audience of the product line, and monitoring the success of the implemented product strategies. The person in this role would also assist with market research, coordinating feedback from customers and internal groups (Customer Success, Support, etc.), and other product-specific information gathering that will give the Product Team valuable information from which to modify current products, onboard new products, and promote the core product line.
At SolidWP, we are a fully remote team committed to work-life balance. We prioritize collaboration, open communication, and continuous learning to help our team members succeed. If you are passionate about product development, have familiarity with the WordPress ecosystem, have experience with Agile development methodologies, and want to make a positive impact through your work, we encourage you to apply.
This is a permanently remote full-time position with a pay range of $70,000- $90,000.
- Define, prioritize, and communicate the product vision, roadmap, and backlog to the development team, stakeholders, and customers.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized product backlog that aligns with the product vision, roadmap, and business objectives – seeking input from customers, the development team, and leaders in Product, Customer Support, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Monitor and report on what’s happening in the market and industry to inform decisions about product improvement.
- Stay informed about our competitors and identify areas of improvement by conducting ongoing competitive analysis.
- Identify customer needs by reviewing feedback, monitoring support tickets, and interviewing customers.
- Ensure the development team is building the right products at the right time and the products meet the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure the product backlog is well-defined, prioritized, and sized appropriately for development sprints.
- Lead discovery exercises and collaborate closely with Designers, Marketing, Customer Support, and Engineering throughout the discovery phase.
- Document requirements clearly and concisely, using tools such as user stories, use cases, functional requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Make trade-off decisions and prioritize work based on the needs of the business, customers, and stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and estimating sessions, regular check-ins, and retrospectives with the development team and cross-team for significant feature releases, including Marketing and Customer Support.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure products are delivered on time and to a high-quality standard.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure successful product launches and drive adoption and usage of new products and features, including positioning, messaging, and go-to-market plan.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate product performance and user feedback to inform product improvements and new feature development.
- Act as a leader within the team and each project.
- Act as a mentor within the organization by sharing product-related knowledge and information.
- Participate in the incident management process as required to support overall issue resolution and system and/or service restoral as outlined in the Liquid Web Incident Management Process.
Skills, Competencies, and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, or similar CX, UX, or Product Role
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Creative or technical background with experience and understanding of executing a digital product
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience with Agile software development, ideally as a product owner
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
- Systems analysis and project management skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, professional maturity, and strong organizational skills
- Experience with online collaboration tools, such as Miro, Mural, Figma, Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, Google Drive, Dropbox, Jira, Trello, Asana, Monday.com, and product roadmap tools
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.