At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that’s why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we’ve been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our careers page.
The Role in Brief:
EAB is seeking a talented, passionate, and highly entrepreneurial team player to take on a product owner role driving the engineering team to support growth of EAB products. With eyes focused on the future, you will be responsible for planning and execution of highly visible technical projects, while working closely with creative engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve the education industry.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Product Management and is open to remote candidates in the continental United States.
- Represent key stakeholders to assess and recommend optimal business and technical solutions.
- Create, maintain, and help prioritize user stories in the product backlog to help shape the product roadmap in partnership with product management
- Lead projects to support the discovery of new features and solutions, in close partnership with product management and senior executives
- Lead technology feasibility and due diligence activities during product planning
- Promote continuous improvement of Scrum and Agile practices and principles to coach the team in an Agile software development environment, using appropriate techniques and tools to empower the team to self-organize.
- Evaluate and plan for project-level risks through the creation of key milestones, monitoring progress.
- Act as the primary liaison between engineering, stakeholders, and operations
- Take part in Scrum events including daily stand-ups, grooming sessions, and sprint planning.
- Possess 2+ years’ experience in at least two of the following:
- Managing people and project teams
- Project management
- Client support/communications
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple technical projects from 1 month in duration to over 12 months
- Exposure and/or experience utilizing SDLC and Agile methodologies for delivering projects
- Prior experience leading collaboration across teams spanning development, marketing, support/services, and sales
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Deep experience using Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience as a Scrum master or Agile coach
- Professional certification, e.g. Certified Scrum Master (CSM or CSP), PMP, or PgMP
- Technical aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Experience working in education industry
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
The anticipated starting salary range for this role is $65,000 - $86,000 per year. Actual salary varies due to factors that may include but not be limited to relevant experience, skills, and location. At EAB, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the starting salary range for their role.
This hire will additionally be eligible for discretionary bonus or incentive compensation. Variable compensation may depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.