American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Product Owner I to join our Operations Fitness department. The Product Owner will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization and beyond in order to create, groom and prioritize a team backlog.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $48,000.00 to $65,000.00 Full-Time Annual Salary Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Work with other departments and product teams to assess, initiate, refine and drive appropriate functional solutions.
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders and break those down into user stories for your scrum team to develop.
- Be present in all scrum ceremonies as well as available to scrum team
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of groomed user stories ready for development.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Write clear and concise acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Plan and prioritize product backlog and development of the product.
- Contribute to final approval and acceptance testing
- Effectively communicate the product strategy to key stakeholders and team members.
- Play an active role in mitigating non-technical impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Partner across different teams and departments as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Partner closely with engineering, user experience, customer experience strategy, and design teams to ensure quality and consistency of experience.
- Coordinate trouble shooting and analysis of issues from internal and external users and solutions all the way through resolution.
- Define and document business requirements, use cases, data flows, and research/process analysis for cross functional solutions.
- Familiar with behavioral driven development (BDD) concepts and the Gherkin language format.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
- Good knowledge of agile process and principles.
- Experience with creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Good listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones and accomplish deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.