Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Product Owner for 3rd Party Integrations performs a vital role in the product management and engineering process at Stride. The product owner works with the Head of Product and product managers to translate customer vision into a roadmap of executable milestones easily understood by the platform engineering teams for implementation. This individual is the primary liaison between Engineering and the lines of business. They work with the product team to define the business requirements and translate them into technical requirements across backend, front-end and data services.
This role plays a critical part in the complete development lifecycle including requirements definition, design, testing, user acceptance and ongoing enhancements/support. This role is particularly exciting as it supports all the product work to integrate 3rd party Ed Tech platforms (ex: canvas, Schoology, etc.) as well as 3rd party content and curriculum providers. This role would be responsible to work with the vendor to establish the best way to integrate, set up the vendor, test the implementation to ensure it meets all Stride standards, implement in production and provide continued support including ensuring any training/implementation guides are properly updated and maintained. The curriculum integrations are paramount as Stride is continually bringing in new content to supplement its world class curriculum. This role will grow to include new technology vendors as we optimize the platform through which we deliver virtual learning, especially in the area of AI as we bring on new AI capabilities and need to determine how they integrate with our existing ecosystem.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Inventory and understand the critical 3rd party integrations and manage their lifecycle from first implementation to ongoing enhancement/maintenance to retirement.
- Establish a strong partnership with the Managed Public Schools Operations teams as well as the Curriculum teams as those organizations are the ones that drive most of the integration requests.
- Establish a strong partnership with Vendor Management and Procurement and play an active role in the management of the 3rd party vendors from understanding their roadmaps to planning implementation / upgrades to providing technical support.
- Manage the intake and assessment, in partnership with Engineering, of requests for new 3rd party integrations.
- Partner with Product Managers and the Business Organizations to capture business requirements and voice of the customer.
- Partner with the Engineering teams to translate the business requirements into technical requirements including documenting user stories and user acceptance test cases.
- Partner with the Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Engineering Leaders and Product Managers to prioritize the technical requirements for delivery, including making trade offs and reprioritizing as the business and product landscape changes.
- Be the subject matter expert on integrations and the library of 3rd party products, including how the integrations work, what it is capable and how it can be further leveraged or expanded to support future growth,
- Partner with engineering teams to estimate the work and technology solutions required for new capabilities.
- Provide 4th tier support when there are questions about how a product is supposed to function in production versus the behavior users are experiencing.
- Develop documentation and diagrams for product requirements.
- Capture and analyze critical product data regarding (1) delivery and quality of the product; (2) usage of the product.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management in a Product owner role
- 8+ years of experience in technology, building and delivering, digital products or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with rostering methods such as LTI integrations, One Roster, Clever and Classlink.
- Outstanding knowledge of modern tech stack of cloud applications.
- Extensive firsthand experience with design, development, and implementation of IT systems.
- Analytical mind and great critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities and history of success collaborating with executives across an organization.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Work towards results with a passion for technology and continuous delivery.
- Ability to quickly drill down to solve problems and take ownership of the resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Ability to partner cross functionally to drive complex strategic projects
- Excellent management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and successfully lead multiple initiatives.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Ability to clear required background check.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- BS/BA in technology business management, computer science or relevant field
- Pragmatic Product Management certification
- Experience with Amazon’s Working Backwards methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, financial planning, and business operations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $72,000 to $125,000. The upper end of this range is not likely to be offered, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.