We are a fast-growing software startup revolutionizing the e-commerce industry with our innovative platform and cutting-edge technology.
Straddling as the connection between multiple departments, Product Marketing at Mayan is the necessary glue to bring it all together. Working with cross-functional teams across product, marketing, sales, and customer success, this role will be responsible for driving scaled marketing efforts for our e-commerce solutions. This role will focus on amplifying Mayan’s voice, its thought leadership, and point of view to both internal and external audiences based on go to market strategies defined by our marketing and product directors. Additionally, this individual will be critical to staying abreast of moves by key competitors in the e-commerce space.
The ideal candidate will ramp up quickly to have a keen understanding of the Amazon advertising ecosystem, the e-commerce inventory optimization industry, our Ideal Customer Profile, personas, and positioning. They must be comfortable with and have previous experience with start-ups, a remote team, and associated fast moving project timelines. They should have an entrepreneurial spirit in proactively looking for opportunities leveraging market research and customer conversations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Champion the customer from product development, to launch, through adoption and retention.
- Become the expert on key customer segments by developing a deep and continuously refined understanding of the market, buyer personas and JTBD, customer journey, and sales cycle.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our segments and personas.
- Monitor, analyze, and distribute market and competitive trends to identify gaps and opportunities with messaging.
- Update website content focused on use cases, persona specific solutions and product releases, and case studies.
- Champion client testimonials and customer success stories, identifying new opportunities to showcase customer successes and leverage these stories to further create customer impact.
- Support content creation and thought leadership assets, demand gen campaign goals.
- Create solution briefs, and other enablement content for sales teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, advertising, communications or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience in a product marketing or a similar function that intersects between product and marketing/GTM
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret complex data sets.
- Experience designing and rolling out go-to-market strategies from scratch while using multiple marketing channels and content types to drive awareness, engagement and adoption.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in navigating CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot).
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with advertising, inventory, or analytics industry is a plus
- Experience in the Amazon or e-commerce industry
- Experience in a tech startup
- Technical background or experience in software development, particularly in the e-commerce space.
- Experience or interest in utilizing ChatGPT in marketing efforts
Who We Are
Mayan is a technology and data company that develops growth automation software for Amazon sellers. We currently offer advertising optimization, which manages the performance of our customers’ ad campaigns to deliver higher sales and profits.
We are a venture-backed and Y Combinator W21 startup that is delivering significant results for our customers across the growing e-commerce space. We are looking to expand the team! For more information about Mayan, please visit www.mayan.co.
At Mayan, we build innovative tech products that create significant competitive advantages for our customers. Transparency, quality, urgency, and intellectual honesty are central tenets of our work ethics while embracing experimentation and collaboration to produce results that customers love. The core MIT founding team brings experience across e-commerce, tech infrastructure, marketing, finance and deep expertise in the Amazon seller ecosystem. Our co-founder brings experience of being an early team member at the fastest U.S. startup on record to reach "unicorn" status - also operating within the Amazon ecosystem.
We value data-driven processes through innovation, collaboration, and a passion for getting things done. For our hires, we aim to cultivate the best + diverse employees as we continue to foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are redefining what it means to be a remote company with team members living and working across the globe, from the US, Mexico, Spain, Nigeria, India, and more. We embrace world-views, diversity in background, diversity in make-up, and diversity in thought.
We are driven and hard-working but also committed to having fun along the way with weekly virtual happy hours, semi-annual off-sites, and unlimited paid time off. We embrace life-work balance. We know you have a life outside of Mayan and we want to help you nurture that too. We understand that helping you stay happy and healthy are key ingredients to enable you to deliver your best work.
Salary and Benefits
- Base salary range: $90K - $105K
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Fully remote - work from anywhere you’re comfortable
- Stipend for laptop & home office set up
- Semiannual company-wide offsite trips
- 401(k) investing plan with employer match
- Health benefits
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness, Internet, and co-working space reimbursements
- Weekly cultural activities for team building