The Product Marketing Manager will play a pivotal role in driving the success of our products by crafting and executing strategic positioning for our products as well as our brand. You will collaborate closely with product, marketing, sales, and customer success to develop and implement product-focused marketing strategies highlighting our solutions’ value proposition, benefits, and impact on educators and students.
Here are some things you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Provide market insights and sales data to the BetterLesson (BL) Product team for exploration and development.
- Understand the BL Product team structure, product development, and management processes to effectively address as well as highlight the needs of BL customers, market, and field-facing teams at all levels within the product development life cycle.
- Develop clear and compelling messaging and positioning for BetterLesson’s products that resonate with target audiences, communicate our point of view, and showcase the unique value and benefits of our solutions.
- Lead the development and cross-functional execution of go-to-market strategies for new product launches, feature updates, and partnerships, ensuring a seamless and impactful introduction to the market.
- Serve as an internal source of expertise on industry trends, BetterLesson’s competitors, and customers. Shares insights to inform product marketing strategies, refine positioning over time, and help educate as well as support the field-facing teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with educators and school districts, gathering feedback and insights to inform product development and enhancements.
- Collaborate frequently with the Marketing team to create a wide range of tools, resources, and collateral for enabling the BetterLesson field-facing teams to effectively communicate the value proposition of our products to prospective and returning customers.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, design, bids and proposals, strategic partnerships, marketing, sales, and customer experience to develop cohesive and effective product marketing strategies and ensure consistent execution across all teams.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of product marketing campaigns and initiatives, communicate that data regularly to stakeholders, and use data-driven insights to refine strategies.
- You have 5 or more years of experience in product marketing, including developing product marketing strategies, positioning, pricing, and packaging.
- You have 5 or more years of experience working as cross-functional team lead managing projects and other initiatives.
- You’ve worked in the EdTech Industry for 3 or more years.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- You are proficient in project management tools such as Asana, Miro, Confluence, and Jira.
- You have proficient knowledge of Product Increment Planning frameworks and methodologies.
- You have proficient knowledge of the Pragmatic Gap framework.
- You have proficient knowledge of Guskey’s Evaluation model and framework.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
The base salary range for this role is $92,000-$138,000/year. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on relevant education, training, experience, and job-related skills of the applicant, and equity with other team members.