Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual tech company that’s modernizing the world of training. Come share your professional magic with highly talented, drive and fun colleagues who believe in the power of “skilling.” Experience what a true team focused on doing the right thing feels like!
Our people and talent are what make us great and fun! We work together to create amazing solutions and experiences for our customers and their clients. We utilize our employees’ personal strengths to help our company grow and ensure our team is living their best, authentic life. We don’t just share our appreciation for our team members once a year with a branded mug—it’s shared on a daily basis. Our remote work environment blends the demands of work and life without the added pressure of commuting or feeling guilty about leaving early to visit the dentist.
Come work with us and learn what teamwork and integrity blended with an emphasis on well-being and balance can do for your career!
The Product Manager is responsible for consistently improving our standards and processes for enabling customers to present and deliver labs to their learner communities and deliver the right lab usage data in the right way at the right time. They will own the processes ensuring we have a scalable approach to onboarding and supporting customers leveraging our suite of APIs and webhooks for launching and reporting on labs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities.
- Work day-to-day with customers and our Customer Success team to consistently refine and accelerate the onboarding process for API customers.
- Work across the organization to establish and consistently improve processes for decreasing Time to Market (TTM) for Performance-based Testing (PBT) exam items.
- Work with the team to establish the most effective and efficient rhythm of technical communication and follow-up with team members and customers.
- Proactively identify, document, and train team members and customers on standard Best Practices; and eliminate situations deviating from them.
- Proactively identify, document, and share recommendations for platform improvements; collaborate with Engineering and the Director Product Management to understand and help shape the platform strategy & roadmap from an API perspective.
- Design, implement, and maintain authentication solutions that are secure and scalable for various use cases, including internal, external, and integration partners.
- Create and maintain secure and scalable authentication solutions for various use cases, both internal and external.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that our authentication systems adhere to the best practices of security, usability, and performance.
- Monitor and troubleshoot any authentication issues that may occur and provide assistance and guidance to other developers and stakeholders.
- Research and implement new authentication technologies and methods to improve our systems and services.
- Establish standards for and proactively maintain our customer-facing API documentation.
- Create and continually improve the standard templates and documents ensuring customers can appropriately self-serve and successfully leverage our APIs for launching labs and receiving lab usage data.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to ensure all API-related documentation is accurate, legacy documentation is archived, and appropriate role-based documentation exists (e.g., how to implement, how to test, how to support, how to troubleshoot).
- Support and promote the company values through positive interactions with both internal and
- Other strategic business initiatives or special cross-functional project involvement as required.
- Bachelor’s degree AND 5+ years of experience in product management or software development, OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years working with customers, writing requirements for new APIs, and collaborating with architects, developers, database admins, and related peer groups.
- 2+ years integrating and exchanging secure data between systems using standards-based, custom, private, and public RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with authentication standards such as SAML and OAuth, and experience with Microsoft Intra (formerly known as B2C) is highly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying Role-based Access Control (RBAC) techniques to streamline and standardize the authorization process across different systems and platforms.
- Proven experience and expertise using Swagger to publish standardized, well-organized, easy to-use internal and customer-facing API documentation.
- Experience and technical skills integrating cloud and on-premises Learning Management Systems (LMS), Exam Delivery Provider (EDP), and/or related platforms.
- Deep technical skills implementing, administering, and troubleshooting cloud and on-premises platforms and services using RESTful APIs languages is a must. Experience in DevOps and related disciplines highly desired.
- Experience with backlog management and familiarity with Azure DevOps is desired.
- Proactive approach to helping fellow technologists understand and leverage documented best practices related to systems integration. Experience and passion for coaching technical people.
- Ability and willingness to participate in multiple technical projects concurrently.
- Desire and ability to work at a fast pace; have a bias for action.
- Utilize mixed methods research to make data-informed decisions.
What’s in it for You? Rewards and Perks
We believe in providing a suite of benefits that ensure our employees know we appreciate them as people first. Skillable wants to be a company that promotes physical, emotional and all around well-being through our benefit offerings! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Fully remote with a monthly stipend to pay for office services and supplies
- Medical (2 plan options), dental (2 plan options), vision, health savings account with generous employer contributions, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, EAP, group paid life insurance, group paid STD and LTD and voluntary life/AD&D insurance, accident and critical illness options.
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, healthy lifestyle reimbursements.
- Open PTO, Paid holidays, bereavement leave, parental leave, caregiver leave and paid FMLA leave.
- Friends and Family Friday to end our standard workweek at 2pm local time; Full company closure during the 4th of July holiday week.
- Access to pet insurance; Access for employees and dependents to Skillable learning opportunities through our product and more!
The job conditions for this position are in a remote home office setting, requiring a space that supports privacy and focus to attend to regular and frequent video and voice calls. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Periodic travel may be required equaling up to approximately 10% of the time.