Customer data is the fuel that drives all modern businesses. From product analytics, to marketing, to support, to advertising, advanced data analysis in the warehouse, and even sales – customer data is the raw material for each function at a modern business.
For highly regulated businesses in healthcare, it’s always been a challenge to harness that customer data and get it to the marketing and analytics tools that require it while following patient privacy laws….until now.
Something as simple as running ads to get more users is simple for an e-commerce of software company to do. But common web analytics and advertising tools collect sensitive user identifiers and healthcare information automatically. Those same tools are not HIPAA compliant.
We provide a layer of data governance to make current web analytics tools HIPAA-compliant. For analytics, our customers can continue getting the insights they need to improve the patient experience. For marketing, Freshpaint safeguards health information while helping our customers promote access to care through popular advertising platforms like Facebook, Google, and others.
In short, we help healthcare marketers promote access to care and safeguard patient privacy at the same time. This is an important, complex problem in a massive market (healthcare is 20% of the US GDP).
Our customers manage their customer data with two offerings:
- Privacy Platform. We help healthcare providers automate their website’s + app’s HIPAA compliance, and safeguard first-party customer data across their tech stack.
- Data Activation Platform. We make it really easy for teams to activate customer data using their preferred analytics, data, and marketing tools.
We’re fully remote. If you strongly value in-person work, Freshpaint is likely not the best fit for you. Even though we don’t care where you’re located, we need employees to be based in the US. Many of our team is concentrated in various metro areas like SF or NYC.
To balance out our remote-ness, we gather the team 2-4 times per year for offsites. We’ve been to Greece, Jackson Hole, Cabo, Santa Fe, and California wine country in the recent past.
We’re backed by leading investors including Y-Combinator, Intel Capital, and angel investors like the Head of Data from Slack, Head of Data at LinkedIn, and more.
Who we are:
Freshpaint was founded by web analytics veterans who realized how hard it was for highly regulated companies to collect and use customer data in a compliant way. We started as part of Y Combinator’s S19 cohort and have been focused on enabling healthcare companies collect, safeguard, and activate patient data since.
In the beginning of 2023 the government issued updated guidance around HIPAA, basically making our software a requirement to use for healthcare companies. As a result, we’re one of the fastest growing software companies on earth right now.
Our team has deep analytics and growth experience, with all of us coming from high-growth companies like Heap, Pendo, Iterable, Quantum Metric, and Retool.
If you value lots of freedom and ownership in your work, interfacing with customers, and working on a product with high customer impact, then Freshpaint is your home.
In this role you will:
- Talk to customers.
- Develop the product roadmap for Freshpaint’s products based on our strategic vision, making sure we have a path to creating more revenue.
- Drive projects from conception through launch, with a focus on meeting customer needs.
- Consistent execution and cross-team collaboration: Own prioritization of projects, user research, and customer development initiatives.
- Understand the end-to-end customer experience of our platform, internal processes, and be able to piece it together in ways that make sense for the customer and the product team.
- Shape the future of the company. You will be ultimately responsible for a product and take responsibility for it when reporting to Freshpaint’s leadership. This is a highly visible role and highly impactful role. You will be reporting directly to Freshpaint’s CEO.
- Refuse to do anything besides win. You’ll recognize the once-in-a-generation opportunity we have to win a market, and you’ll execute so fast the rest of the company won’t be able to keep up with you.
- Talk to customers.
- Talk to customers.
- Talk to customers. And make stuff they want.
- This is not a typo. You will talk to customers.
Requirements - what you’ll bring:
(If you don’t meet all of these requirements, you should still apply. We’re big on high-slope individuals, so if you can quickly grow into some requirements we’d love to hear from you)
- Experience. This is Freshpaint’s first Product hire ever. You need to come in with a lot of lived experience as a product manager. We are not going to bet the future of our product’s success on a someone without a bare minimum of 4 years of product management experience at a high-growth, scaling company.
- Good at talking to customers. You have high empathy and a keen sense of understanding how other people think. You can talk to customers and build something people want.
- Good at talking to customers x2. A love and muscle for having insightful conversations with customers. You’re deeply curious, empathetic, and user-centric, with a knack for sharing customer insights across the rest of the team.
- Strong product sense. We’re not sitting back and A/B testing shit here. You’re going to talk to a bunch of customers and then build something awesome.
- Highly quality bar and degree of organization.
- A sense of technical acumen, or familiarity with technical products.
- You get things done – fast. You learn fast and are able to get up to speed quickly on new tools and technologies.. You take ownership and solve problems when you see them.
- [Bonus] You’re familiar with the analytics/customer data/marketing technology/advertising technology
- [Bonus] You have experience working in a highly regulated space like healthcare
Our interview process:
- Intro call
- Deep dive on your PM skills
- Panel interview
- You join our team!
Benefits - what we offer in return:
- Joining a high-growth venture-backed startup as part of the early crew. You will be employee #30 ish.
- Competitive compensation with generous, employee-friendly equity. We have a 10-year exercise window.
- Freshpaint Fridays: Half-day Fridays. Every week.
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement of 2 weeks per year. Plus various observed holidays.
- 100% remote
- Flex in-office if you want with $150 WeWork credits each month
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered by the company (some states it’s 99% because laws).
- Mental health benefits - therapy appointments and more covered by the company
- 2 Treat Yourself Days per year: We’ll pay you $100 to take a day off and do whatever makes you happy. The only catch is you have to share what you did with the rest of the team.
- Generous parental leave
- Paid Spotify
- Health & Wellness benefit – gym membership or similar covered
- Regular team offsites 2-4 times per year. We’ve been to Greece, Jackson Hole, Cabo, Santa Fe, California wine country, and Mexico City in the recent past.
- Ownership of your work, collaboration with a close team, and direct access to founders and what it’s like to build a startup. If you leave to start your own company, we’d love to be your first angel investors.