Digital Diagnostics is looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. You will be an integral member of the product team, a “voice of the customer”, and a leader for their agile engineering team. Each day, the Product Manager will refine and hone features with our engineering partners, ensuring we’re delivering the value our stakeholders want and need.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Proposes and drafts in collaboration with the Product Leadership in the following areas:
- Define and maintain product strategy for our portfolio including AI diagnostic products for various indications.
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to launch.
- Maintain the product roadmap and communicate with executives and other stakeholders.
- Analyze and interpret market research, emerging healthcare marketplace and health IT trends, and other data and apply those insights to drive innovation.
- Create feature Epics and Stories with enough detail to enable efficient development delivering expected results.
- Work with the engineering team to plan, monitor, and report on the development schedule.
- Validate that the solutions deliver intended value and iterate based on customer feedback.
- Partner with teams across Digital Diagnostics, including customer success, operations, sales, and marketing, to ensure the product we are creating meets the needs of our end customers.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the methodology and implementation of product management at Digital Diagnostics.
- Promote a positive culture aligned with the core behaviors of Digital Diagnostics.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 3+ years of product management experience in healthcare technology.
- Highly organized around priorities, velocity, quality, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills. Effectively distill information to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and deliver successful results.
- Excellent project management, communication, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills.
What We Have to Offer
- Supportive and flexible work environment.
- Remote-friendly culture.
- Access to competitive benefits.
- Mission-driven teammates who are working to tackle complex challenges to help improve the accessibility and quality of medical diagnosis.
- Core behaviors that inspire day-to-day interactions.
- Dedication to career growth and development of our team members through mentorship programs and defined growth paths.
- Virtual social and wellness events.
Who We Are
Digital Diagnostics Inc. is a pioneering AI diagnostics company on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, equity, and affordability of global healthcare. We pursue our mission through the application of technology in the medical diagnosis and treatment process. The company, originally founded by Michael Abramoff, MD, PhD, a neuroscientist, practicing fellowship-trained retina specialist, and computer engineer, is led in partnership with co-founders, John Bertrand, and Seth Rainford. Digital Diagnostics’ first FDA De Novo cleared autonomous AI system, LumineticsCore™ (formerly IDx-DR), is already improving patient outcomes by detecting diabetic retinopathy (including macular edema) at the point-of-care.
Digital Diagnostics is paving the way for autonomous AI diagnosis to become a new standard of care, contributing to democratizing healthcare and closing care gaps. The company works closely with patient advocacy groups, federal regulators, and other quality of care and ethics-focused stakeholders to enable adoption of autonomous AI. For more information and the latest news follow: https://digitaldiagnostics.com/
What We Believe
At Digital Diagnostics, we’re doing “AI the right way” by building healthcare solutions that are safe, equitable, and accessible. We’re not only building a platform; we’re also building a community that emulates these values. We believe that inclusion and equity in healthcare start with a community of collaborators that celebrates human differences including race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, human need, veteran status, political affiliation, and religion. We value what makes each person unique and create a place for everyone to thrive as we build towards shared goals. We’re committed to continuous learning and are striving to create a principled workplace while continuing to impact the world around us.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States. We are not currently accepting applications for candidates located in countries outside of the U.S. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor an immigration case for employment at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases).
No external agencies at this time, please.