Second Front Systems (2F) is seeking a motivated Product Designer to support our team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security.
Our first dedicated in-house Product Designer will be responsible for designing the user interface and user experience for our products. This includes wireframing, prototyping, and visual design as well as user research and interviews. This hire will work with engineers, product managers, and others across the organization to implement designs and ensure that they are supporting the deployment and scale of our Game Warden platform, as well as future products.
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
- Create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts and interactions
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and others to deliver high-quality, user centric products
- Design the user interface and user experience for Game Warden and other 2F Products
- Work with engineers to implement designs
- Conduct usability testing to ensure that products meet the needs of users
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in UI/UX design
- Other design work as needed by 2F
- Significant (~4-6 years) experience in UI/UX design
- Experience using Figma, Axure, or Adobe XD
- Experience using Lucidchart (or similar visual collaboration tool)
- Experience with wireframing, prototyping, and visual design
- Experience turning conceptual designs into a production-ready prototypes that can guide and reassure engineering teams
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- Experience collaborating with a Product Managers on User Story creation
- Experience working with engineers to implement designs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for creating innovative and user-friendly experiences
- Ability to work independently and hit deliverables and deadlines with limited oversight
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and chaos in a fast paced, high growth environment
$140,000 - $170,000 a year
PERKS & BENEFITS
This is a full-time role. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers transforming the future of U.S. national security. We hire the best to do their best and, as such, we are committed to providing the perks and benefits you need to be successful—both in- and outside the workplace.
We offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Fully covered healthcare, vision and dental
- 401(k) + 3% company contribution
- Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
- Equity incentive plan
- Tech + office supplies stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
- Parental leave
- Work from anywhere
- Referral Bonus
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.