Who we are
Brightly Software is a leading provider of cloud-based operations management software to optimize facilities, assets, and workflow. We empower our clients and our people, combining innovative technology with operational insight to transform the places we learn, live, heal, work, and play. We’re both proud and humbled to play a role in the daily operations of so many clients, and we look forward to continually drive innovation, efficiency and safety throughout the markets we serve.
About the job
This role mixes both product and UX design and is part of a highly effective team of designers. This role will be partnered with senior designers to focus on a key effort supporting our products in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) space. This means that you get the support of a larger design team, the mentorship of a working closely with a senior designer, and enough autonomy to work in the way that you find most productive. You will be working closely with Product and Engineering to determine the best solutions to meet the needs of our clients and of the business, and you will own the design process from beginning to end. This role will have a mix of green field design work, creating UIs and experiences for our clients that don’t exist today, but also ensuring that we are releasing timely updates to some of our current products to ensure that we are serving the clients we have today as well as the ones we want tomorrow.
The Product Designer is a key member of the Product Design team and is expected to be able to untangle large, complicated problems, and find simple and elegant solutions. This role brings the voice of the user into the designs for a crucial, high-growth product in our portfolio and will be interfacing with internal stakeholders, product, engineering, and our clients in a variety of industries.
Furthermore, just as important as your background is who you are as a person. Do you have a lot of energy for life? Are you upbeat, outgoing, and fun to be around? Do you love helping people? If so, you’re one of us already. We can’t wait to talk to you. Brightly is a growing company with tremendous opportunity for a designer to have an outsized impact on the products and how those products can help the hard-working people in manufacturing, education, healthcare, and government. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, look no further.
What you’ll be doing
· Shape the user experience and design for one or more products in our portfolio
· Create mockups, wireframes and prototypes to communicate the design with product and engineering teams
· Work with Product Managers to identify the UX needs for the features on the roadmap and the constraints for the design
· Collaborate with product managers to understand the requirements and the business value. Provide designs that meet the business goals
· Collaborate with developers to build delightful experiences that are feasible. Understands the technology behind the products enough to have meaningful conversations with developers about feasibility.
· Initiate usability tests, partnering with UX research or independently, with users to validate high risk designs before the feature is implemented and adjust the designs based on feedback
· Understands the markets we serve and has deep understanding of the users in the markets. Creates user personas for the markets and the roles
· Conduct user research, partnering with UX research, to understand the user problem behind the product feature and provide solutions that exceed their expectations
· Solve complex usability problems and provides designs that work for multiple markets and roles.
· Creates reusable visual and interaction design patterns that can translate easily between multiple products in our portfolio
· Understand the company goals and provides designs that meet the company’s business goals and timelines
· Work in a fast-paced Agile environment supporting 1 or more products
What does success look like?
· You are User-focused: You understand our users and work to ensure the user needs are met. You visit our clients and immerse yourself in their problems and challenges. You understand their work environments and how our products help them achieve their goals.
· Design for users: You communicate directly and regularly with internal and external stakeholders to fully understand our users’ workflows, mindsets, and experiences using our products. You serve as a voice of the user, incorporating user feedback into the designs. You work closely with other User Experience and Design counterparts to deliver a high-quality user experience. You validate your design assumptions by testing the designs with the users.
· You are highly collaborative: You actively listen to the feedback from colleagues in Product Design, Product Managers, Client Services and other management roles. You initiate collaborative design sessions with product and engineering to ensure the design meets the business requirements and is technically feasible.
· Work well with software engineers: You share your designs and the “Why” behind the designs with engineers. You partner with the engineering lead to understand the technical feasibility of the solutions before the final design is created. You lead interactive design sessions with your Engineering counterparts in order to ensure that short- and long-term design goals are achieved. You provide the long-term design vision for the feature and help break it down into incremental changes that can be worked on independently.
What you need
Qualifications & Experience
· The ideal candidate will possess more than 2 years of experience designing complex enterprise products on a SaaS platform, marketplace, or other software-led product in an agile B2B environment. Open to extraordinarily strong new graduates with Master+ degrees.
· Experience designing Web applications and Mobile apps
· Expert in using design tools like Figma, Adobe XD, or Sketch and knows when to use these tools as well at the right fidelity at the right time to best communicate design ideas to a specific audience
· Strong examples of work that demonstrate knowing when to use which parts of the design process needed to move the work forward
· Experience working with product development and engineering teams
· Experience conducting interactive design sessions with product and engineering
· Ability to understand the business goals and provide designs that meet them
· Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Graphic Design or other related fields
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time
· Self-confidence: Confident, without an ego, to have both the conviction and willingness to make design decisions as well as the confidence to seek collaborative solutions
· Strong work ethic: Ability to overcome setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved—must be resourceful, creative and innovative. Works independently and is passionate about the work. Highly creative and uses creative thinking to solve user problems.
· Accountable: Results-oriented team player who leads by example, takes ownership, champions efforts with enthusiasm and conviction.
· Great attitude: Creative, outgoing, resourceful, collaborative, adaptable, fun, solid sense of humor and able to influence others.