Are you a passionate and experienced Product Design leader? Pathstream is seeking a talented Product Designer to join our dynamic Engineering, Product and Design (EPD) team. We are looking for someone who can own the entire UX process from concept to completion, starting with generative discovery all the way through detailed design.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Driving the design and user experience of our digital career pathing and learning platform
- Providing hands-on management to a team of two UI/UX designers, guiding their growth and ensuring the delivery of exceptional design solutions
- Supporting our prototyping and hypothesis testing efforts to shape the future development of our product
- Developing best-practice collaborative processes with product management and engineering.
This is a full-time, remote position and reports to the VP of Product.
WHAT WE DO
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to the jobs in this current economy. Pathstream works with leading technology companies to identify the fastest growth career areas. We then build interactive learning programs that feature hands-on labs and contextualized coursework to prepare them for the real tasks they’ll need to do on the job. Our curriculum is constantly updated as technologies change and the job market evolves.
We believe education is the most important thing in the world. Making a life changing career pivot is too important to go through alone. That’s why we’re building the #1 career building experience for working adults, replacing a fragmented and isolated journey into one that’s streamlined, supported, and effective at unlocking human potential.
Progress to date:
- Established partnerships with Fortune 500 companies to offer our programs to attract, retain and upskill their teams
- Established partnerships with Salesforce, Facebook, Tableau, and Asana
- Established partnerships with 25+ colleges and universities in 17 states that serve over 1 million students
- Launched our online learning platform — used by over 2,000 students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking education model, as featured in this TechCrunch article
- Closed $12 million in Series A financing in 2019, as featured in this EdSurge article
- Distinguished as a 2022-2023 Great Place to Work
- 98% of our employees say that Pathstream is a great place to work
We’re a tight-knit, hardworking, mission-driven team of ~60 employees who are eager to scale our solution and transform higher education across the United States. Want to learn more?
- Design Leadership: Lead the design process, frameworks, and execution for Pathstream’s digital career pathing and learning platform. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers and user/market researchers to translate concepts into design solutions. Proactively identify and pursue design opportunities.
- Team Management: Provide mentorship and manage the capacity of a team of two designers, fostering their growth and development specifically in relation to product design and UX/UI design. Set clear objectives, review their work, and ensure the team consistently delivers high-quality designs that are production-ready for engineers.
- Standards of Craft: Contribute to the refinement and maintenance of standards of craft, including a design system that ensures consistency and scalability across all product interfaces.
- User Research and Usability Testing: Conduct user research and usability testing to inform the design process in close collaboration with our User Research Lead. Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that can be tested with users.
- Prototyping: Support product innovation work by partnering with our Revenue and Innovation leads to develop new design concepts which can be tested with users and buyers to inform the future direction of our platform.
- Collaboration and Stakeholder Communication: Spearhead and maintain collaborative processes between design and product, engineering, sales, innovation, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment on design goals and deliverables. Clearly present and communicate design concepts and rationale to members of the Design Team and other internal stakeholders. Lifelong Learning: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging design tools, and best practices to continuously improve design processes and outcomes.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Design, Product Design, HCI, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in user experience and/or product design.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a variety of design projects, including web and mobile applications, with a focus on finding solutions that harmonize business goals with user experience.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with usability testing and user research methodologies.
- Commitment to using design thinking principles to drive meaningful outcomes
- Leadership experience or a demonstrated ability to manage and mentor a design team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our product, users, colleagues, and business
- Competitive salary:
- Exact salaries for the positions we offer will be determined based on two factors: your level of job-related experience and the geographical tier of the role.
- At Pathstream, we believe in equitable compensation and ensuring that salaries align with industry standards and regional variances. This approach allows us to reward expertise appropriately and accommodate the varying cost of living in different locations.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and 50% for your partner/spouse and dependents
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health, financial health, legal support, and more)
- Free access to wellbeing apps like Ginger and Headspace
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Annual professional development budget
- Company-provided laptop
- Remote-first culture
- Life insurance (100% company paid)