FEVO’s mission is to rehumanize online shopping — by which we mean, “make it engaging and fun rather than lonely and isolating.”
We are doing that by building innovative, highly social e-commerce tools for the biggest brands in the world, allowing their shoppers to interact with the people they care about throughout the purchase process. Our team is made up of innovators and self-starters who move fast, love what they do and consider the status quo a sworn enemy. We are currently the dominant market leader in live events and entering expansive new categories including fashion, luxury, retail, beauty, home and travel.
A passionate, innovative Principal Product Manager with sector experience in luxury retail brands, social applications and gaming to help us rehumanize the world of online shopping and make it fun for people to shop together.
As a Principal Product Manager at FEVO, you will be at the forefront of our product strategy and development efforts, captaining a talented team of product managers, designers and engineers to create groundbreaking solutions that will transform our industry. Captain’s hat may be provided upon request.
Our ideal Principal Product Manager will have a natural curiosity about customer needs, a love of learning, a desire to build their own team and an idea of how that team should be built. We’re looking for someone who is confident in their abilities, maintains a curious and creative mindset and brings a “never finished, always improving” approach to our product. While fear of failure is a natural human condition and thus totally understandable, we ask that applicants lock said fear in a box and throw it from a bridge, as we believe failure often illuminates the path to new and interesting solutions.
If you’re a strategic thinker, a problem solver, a creative with vision and a kind and collaborative human, we would very much love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Freedom to truly lead and personally drive innovation and results
- The opportunity to flex your creative muscle and make cool things that transform the
- A highly collaborative, team-oriented environment where self-motivation and collaboration are highly rewarded
- The ability to work from anywhere and also spend time with your team at FEVO’s fully-outfitted headquarters in NYC’s Meatpacking District
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 5-8 years of previous product management experience
- A background in the luxury retail sector (required), bonus points if you’ve worked with NET-A-PORTER, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Revolve, Shopbop, Gucci, Louis Vuitton or similar brands in the space
- in-depth understanding of e-commerce principles, trends, familiarity with various e-commerce platforms, and understanding of the financial aspects of e-commerce in order to lead product development that drives business outcomes
- A strong knowledge and understanding of consumer psychology and gamification
- An understanding of the customer and experience gathering business requirements
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and scaling of third-party integrations is mandatory.
- Strategic thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- An analytical approach to understanding the buying behaviors of luxury retail consumers
- A passion for changing consumer habits and mindsets
- The ability to provide input on the design of useful experiences that delight users while upholding FEVO’s product design principles and vision
- Exceptional attention to detail, complemented by strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, adaptable for both day-to-day interactions with colleagues across the organization and client-facing engagements.
- Day-to-day experience working asynchronously and in a remote workshop setting with collaborative online tools such as Figma, Miro, Jira and Confluence.
- Hands-on experience with user research tools, setting up unmoderated studies including usability tests, card sorts, and surveys
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage product deliverables
- Keep projects on track, manage timelines, and allocate resources effectively. Use project management tools to streamline processes
- Analyze customer engagement data and make decisions based on key performance indicators (KPIs). Use analytics to measure product success and iterate based on results
- Drive the product lifecycle from concept to launch across all products/product lines
- Assess and refine product development sprints and enhancement opportunities
- Work with internal stakeholders, customers, partners and cross-functional teams to develop and gather product requirements
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, industry experts, and partners to lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, board members and other stakeholders
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action. Explore new technologies and concepts that can drive product growth
- Utilize understanding of and experience working with social media and emerging platforms
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs), continuously assess product success and iterate accordingly
- Maintain a customer-centric product development approach, acting on customer feedback with a focus on understanding and meeting user needs
- Become a key evangelist for FEVO and participate in press activities, conferences, and discussions with thought leaders and market analysts
COMP AND CULTURE:
- Exempt, base salary of $185k - $200k
- Stock option program
- Flexible PTO
- Generous benefits including full health and dental
- Stipend for attending live events
- 6 months parenthood leave
- Paw-ternity leave for adopting a pet
- Access to state-of-the-art office in NYC’s Meatpacking District
- Flexible work location (work remotely, in NYC HQ, or a hybrid approach)
FINALLY, A FEW THINGS YOU WON’T GET:
- A bunch of hand-holding
- Rigid thinking or methodologies
- Bureaucratic BS
FEVO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.