The Principal HR Data Analyst is primarily responsible for enabling streamlined access to HR data and metrics used in a wide range of data visualizations and analytics tools within HR. In this role you will combine strong communication skills with deep data and subject matter expertise to understand client needs and support the development of innovative solutions that unlock talent insights and simplify HR processes. This role needs to establish best practices around data stewardship, educate our stakeholders, and enable leaders to make data driven decisions around our most valuable asset – our people.
You can grow your career with us; we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
This position can reside in any Medtronic office or work remote.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with HR COEs and stakeholders to identify and prioritize business needs and emerging opportunities
- Collaborate with development team to define technical requirements and solutions
- Develop and maintain automated data flows that enable business facing analytics and data visualizations
- Create ad hoc analyses and insights in support of high priority HR initiatives
- Test feasibility of solutions through data analysis and metric "proof of concept" development
- Ensure high quality of analytics tools through identification of data quality rules and end to end testing (source system to data warehouse to end product)
- Establish and maintain HR data, metric, and analytics tool catalogs
- Coach and educate stakholders on the use of HR metrics and analytics tools
- Develop deep expertise of HR data sources, definitions, and data privacy best practices
- Maintain a strong commitment to ongoing process improvement and efficiency
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required with 7+ years of experience in a reporting, business intelligence, or analytics role, or, an advanced degree with 5+ years of experience
Nice to Have
- Experience using reporting and data transformation tools (Power BI, Alteryx)
- Experience creating data queries (SQL, Power Query Editor)
- Ability to translate business requirements from a non-technical audience, as well as summarize and communicate back to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with principles and practices of data management and the analytics pipeline
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Flexibility to switch between assignments and working to deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to establish relationships and work with remote teams
- Quick learner with motivation for process improvement and personal development
- Experience working in or partnering with HR systems or process teams
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.