Our goal at Bobsled is to transform the way data is shared across organizations, clouds, and data platforms. Our cross-cloud platform enables enterprises to share data quickly and securely through one unified control plane that manages all aspects of data sharing, including replication, updates, versioning, entitlements, telemetry, and more.
By solving these problems we will:
- Remove barriers to collaboration between organizations
- Facilitate and democratize the use of data to enable better decision making
We believe that by using data collaboratively, we can enable better solutions to the world’s hardest problems.
We are looking for a Principal Data Engineer with expertise in building ETL pipelines and data infrastructure. You will play a foundational role in defining and designing our technical implementation, and your work will have an enormous impact on the way organizations use data across the world.
At Bobsled, you will work with stellar product managers and engage directly with early users to support and understand their needs. You’ll design and build our platform, develop features, contribute to product design reviews, and work on tools, systems and processes across the whole software development lifecycle.
As an early hire, you will also play a pivotal role in building our team and culture, fostering a collaborative environment, and assessing engineering candidates.
- Design technical implementation and build features as defined by the product team
- Write code (principally Typescript) to run in a variety of cloud environments and data warehouses. For more information on how we’re using Typescript see this talk on Bobsled at Typescript London.
- Contribute to product design reviews lead by product team
- Engage directly with early users to support them and understand their needs
- Develop tools, systems and processes that form our Software Development Life Cycle
- Contribute to our engineering & company cultures
- Onboard and train new engineering team members
- 10+ years in software development and 5+ years building ETL pipelines and data infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, Snowflake, BigQuery, RedShift, Databricks)
- Good understanding of various data loading patterns (batch, streaming, etc.)
- Experience building software strongly-typed language such as TypeScript, Scala, Java or Go
- Experience working as part of a software engineering team
- Familiarity with the concept of Infrastructure as Code (such as Terraform and CDKTF)
- You’ll need to be available for meetings from 16:00-18:00 UK/ 17:00-19:00 Central Europe/ 11:00-13:00 Eastern Time.
- We are only hiring in Europe, US East Coast, and (most of) South America
Beneficial experience or areas of interest
- AI / ML Engineering / Ops / Research
- Startup / High-growth teams
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Data Warehouses / Data Lakes
- Dev Tools or Dev Ops
- Training / Mentoring
- Information Security
- Systems Design / Architecture
- Distributed Systems
- Salary Range: $160-200K
- Highly competitive equity compensation
- Salaries outside the US may be adjusted to account for differences in payroll taxes and country-specific employment fees
- Health Insurance (for US employees): Medical (100% paid), dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Generous PTO policy and paid parental leave
- Fully upgraded Apple MacBook and 4K monitor (for engineering team only)
- Home office stipend of $1,000
- Flexible work hours in fully-remote work environment
- Fully-sponsored individual coaching for all employees to help foster a culture of personal reflection and growth (optional though encouraged)
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role. We’re hiring at multiple levels of seniority, so we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-Remote