Diversity is at the heart of who we are at Xapo Bank. We’re a fully distributed team of over 200 talented people that work remotely from 50+ countries around the world.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow. We are committed to changing the way things are done.
To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Join our remote team of dreamers and doers as we take Xapo Bank to the next level
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position.
Work from anywhere!
We’re looking for a Technical Principal to join our engineering function. At Xapo we are building truly cross functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, build, test, delivery and operations. You will collaborate closely with your fellow team members from the product, apps, design and QA communities of practice.
As a Tech Principal you will provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices as well as playing an active role in the Development Community of practice.
Our tech stack includes:
- AWS for all of our Infrastructure
- Python / Flask
- Support, coach and develop team members into top performing engineers
- Build a great place to work for talented and motivated people
- Designing, developing and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency and security.
- Take full end to end responsibility of the services your team owns, from development through to production operation
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (we use Python)
- Great teamwork and communication skills, comfortable preparing high quality documentation and designs to aid understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding of microservice architectures, container based 12 factor apps and cloud native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Experience building contract first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at unit, contract, service and end to end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly and with quality.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Understands the role of high quality observability in building highly scalable and performant software
- Experience working with a public or private cloud vendor
- Experience working in Finance is beneficial
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.