Qventus is a real-time decision-making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively.
We’re looking for a Principal to join our product team as a senior member of our Product Analytics team.
You will use your healthcare domain experience and background in analytics, data engineering, and cross-functional collaboration to build out the world’s most impactful analytics suite for hospital operations.
You’ll work closely with our product, delivery, sales, and engineering teams to illuminate both the operational opportunities in our client hospitals as well as the entire impact chain of our product, from the performance of our algorithms, through nudges and recommendations made to hospital staff, to the actions they take and the operational impacts that follow.
Most important to the role will be your ability to operate at multiple altitudes. It will require your:
- Enthusiasm for ambiguous and complex problems,
- Domain knowledge and business savvy to help identify the most important opportunities,
- Ability to present and build customer relationships,
- Analytical skills to generate impactful and intuitive solutions,
- Technical skills to build out those solutions, and
- Design sense to make the results as intuitive and usable as possible.
This is a high-impact role with end-to-end ownership that will drive innovation in our product, magnify the value of our entire solution suite, shape our position in the market, and meaningfully affect the lives of patients and frontline healthcare workers.
What Success Looks Like
You reliably and repeatedly jump into the highest leverage analytics problems and opportunities we face, taking them efficiently from ambiguous, complex, and/or stalled through to concrete and meaningful impact on our customers, their patients, and our business.
- Deeply understand the business problems of our external and internal users
- Develop data products that complement our product suite and shape our position in the market
- Jump in to support complex, emergent, high impact issues wherever needed
- Facilitate our product, delivery, and engineering teams’ laser focus on outcomes and impact
- Explore our data to find the highest value leverage points and opportunities
- Leverage proprietary and public datasets to deliver novel analyses that drive thought leadership and product development
- Mentor and coach other members of the Product Analytics team
- Drive analytics vision, strategy, and roadmap (in collaboration with Director of Analytics and other partners)
- ~10+ years experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, analytical consulting, learning and using new technologies, and/or building analytics products
- Healthcare domain experience
- Ability to engage effectively with clients from frontline to C-suite
- Proficiency in SQL, github, and dashboarding/visualization tools
- Comfort with data modeling (e.g. in DBT)
- Comfort structuring and managing end-to-end analytics projects
- A love for the big picture and a healthy obsession with the details
- Deep curiosity and a passion for real-world impact
Nice to have’s
- Experience in the perioperative / surgical domain
- Experience in the inpatient domain
- Experience with insurance claims data
- Current knowledge of relevant technical tools that we should consider introducing to our tech stack
- Advanced degree in statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with Looker
Qventus is on a mission to take modern technologies and principles that have been proven in other industries — artificial intelligence, machine learning, behavioral science, and data science — and apply them to simplify healthcare operations. At Qventus, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional, mission-driven team, and the ability to directly impact the lives of patients. We’re inspired to work with healthcare leaders on our founding vision and unlock world-class medicine through world-class operations.
The salary range for this role is $185,000 to $215,000. This salary represents the middle to the high end of market data across different geographies. We consider several factors when determining compensation, including location, experience, and the role’s responsibilities.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Qventus’ total rewards package. Our benefits and perks currently include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage with a 90% employer-paid premiums for employees option
- Generous HSA contribution, when elected and participating in an eligible plan, up to $1,500 annual company contribution
- Employer-provided (100% paid) Short-term and Long Term Disability insurance and Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- 100% paid Parental and Pregnancy Leave
- Monthly Wellness and Technology stipend of up to $50 per
- Ability to participate in the 401(k) plan administered by Voya
- Option to purchase awarded common stock shares as approved by the Company’s Board of Directors under the plan
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are fundamental to improving healthcare and society, and that’s why we’re building a company that leads the way. We hold ourselves accountable for using fair hiring processes that mitigate the negative impacts of unconscious bias. We also work to ensure that people from underrepresented groups play meaningful roles on both sides of the interview table. We are an equal opportunity employer and give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.