HashiCorp is driven by our people and our principles which have been at the core of everything we do since our founding. We are seeking a talented and experienced People Communications Manager to play a pivotal role in shaping our People team communications strategy, driving engagement, and championing our principles and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passionate belief in the power of communication, and want to contribute to a workplace where every voice is heard in a principled company, then this is the role for you!
As the People Communications Manager, you will be a trusted advisor, storyteller, and communications expert who’s passionate about how we can help our people cut through the noise and engage in a diverse global community. We’re looking for someone to create a common voice for the People team, focusing on a consistent, dynamic, and engaging employee experience of the People team programs. You will lead the charge in developing and supporting communication plans that advise, educate, and inspire our workforce about key People initiatives, programs, and updates as well as sharing the voice of our Chief People Officer. This is a great opportunity to join the People team as an individual contributor who has an organization-wide impact and will report directly to our Chief People Officer with a dotted line into the corporate internal communications team.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Partner with the Chief People Officer to develop and craft key messages and create a holistic strategy around various communication needs, including but not limited to:
- Executive Communications for the CPO that include Company All-hands, People Team department meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews, and more
- Assist in managing crisis and change communications, ensuring all employees are informed and up-to-date.
- Develop curated communications to employees that include crafting engaging email, dynamic talk tracks, impactful Slack messages, LinkedIn posts, and polished presentations to update and inform on various topics.
- Collaborate with the People Leadership team to find opportunities to share key company milestones and updates, cross-functional projects, DEI programs, people and culture initiatives with the broader company.
- Offer communications guidance and support to program owners with evergreen campaigns, including our yearly performance review program, engagement survey program, leadership development programs, and our DEI programs.
- Proactively offer creative solutions to ensure internal/HR/recruitment communications are clear, aligned with a consistent brand, engaging, relevant, and timely, while fully supporting the organization’s vision, strategic priorities, and Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
- Develop a comprehensive 12-month communications plan for the People team initiatives that outlines strategy, key messaging, and targeted audiences to provide clear visibility into the communications roadmap to enable effective coordination of internal messaging, creating a consistent and engaging voice of the People team.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with senior leaders, People stakeholders, and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure consistency of internal messaging across the organization.
- Partner closely with the corporate Internal Communications team to coordinate People communications with broader internal communication needs and initiatives.
- Use your exceptional written and verbal skills to develop various communication materials, including digital platforms, emails, fact sheets, brochures, videos, presentations, and speeches.
You might be a good fit if you have….
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in internal or a combination of equivalent external/internal/executive communications, preferably in People/HR communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience at a tech company with organization-wide, change and crisis management, and executive communications (in-house) experience
- Strong relationship-building skills and a track record of working with executives and cross-functional stakeholders in People, Marketing, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a knack for storytelling and the ability to translate complex/difficult concepts into digestible and compelling messaging for a variety of audience levels
- Proven project management experience - ability to run multiple projects simultaneously while developing effective communication plans under time constraints
- Experience in crafting executive and stakeholder communications in various mediums - Email, video, presentation decks, talk tracks/scripts, Slack messages
- Demonstrated effective judgment under pressure, and problem-solving skills to think about future communication implications
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha