As the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses, Deltek helps organizations of all sizes maximize productivity and revenue. Our market leadership stems from the work of our diverse employees who are united by a passion for learning, growing and making a difference. At Deltek, we take immense pride in creating a balanced, values-driven environment, where every employee feels included and empowered to do their best work. Our employees put our core values into action daily, creating a one-of-a-kind culture that has been recognized globally. Thanks to our incredible team, Deltek has been named one of America’s Best Midsize Employers by Forbes, a Top Workplace by The Washington Post and a Best Place to Work in Asia by World HRD Congress. www.deltek.com
The Deltek Global Sales team has a passion for empowering project-based businesses to achieve their goals. We relentlessly focus on our customers’ needs and strive to deliver an exceptional experience for all clients. If you are an enthusiastic, motivated professional who enjoys building and nurturing relationships – join our highly collaborative team to help power project success for our customers.
Deltek is actively seeking a passionate, dedicated, and driven Tax Specialist to support our team. This position will support clients of our ComputerEase product (www.computerease.com), and will work with a dynamic and energetic team in order to help resolve and support client Tax issues and efforts. The candidate will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in assigned areas of tax, and will be responsible for the following:
- Reconciling client taxes for assigned client base and make corrections as needed.
- Preparing and filing amended returns.
- Resolving tax jurisdictions correspondences.
- Prior quarter balancing of liability to payments for new implemented clients.
- Processing daily tax work for active and lost clients.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with tax authorities.
- Resolving client questions expediently with a high level of service and communicate with them regarding tax activity, prior quarter balancing issues, amended returns and tax jurisdiction correspondences.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of tax issues for federal and local taxing authorities.
- Reconciling and processing electronic return/w-2 files for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Daily, at quarter end and year end, providing appropriate status reporting to leadership on status of key tasks relating to quarter end.
- Following up on issues to assure tax issues have been resolved and client or Client Support communication / update has occurred.
- Identifying and documenting problems and trends and recommend solutions to eliminate the same problem in the future.
- 2 or more years of experience with payroll tax.
- Proven expertise with Federal, State and Local taxes.
- Proven strong customer service and relationship building skills required.
- Ability to interface with multiple departments, multi-task, think on your feet and work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organization and follow up skills.
- Willing and able to adapt to a changing work environment.