The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
You will be part of a diverse and energetic team. There will be an opportunity to join interesting projects and be actively involved in improving payroll processes.
What you’ll do
- Manage payroll for Professional Employer Organization’s (“PEOs”) and partners with the People Team where necessary to hold them accountable to SLAs for payroll.
- Experience in international Payroll in locations included but not limited to India and other APAC countries
- Helps resolve team member payroll issues that arise
- In collaboration with the general ledger accounting team to provide monthly payroll journals and assist with post close questions if any
- Asists Manager, Payroll Operations when changing PEOs in partnership with Human Resources
- Develop internal relationships and vendor partnerships to improve process efficiencies
- Adhere to internal SOX procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Work with PeopleOps, Legal, Tax and Accounting to ensure compliance with all laws, tax reporting and other duties as needed
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience in international payroll processing
- PEO payroll experience will be an advantage
- Experience with global third party payroll providers
- Payroll accounting experience
- Papaya and/or other similar experience
- Slack experience
About the team
Payroll team is very diverse, open and energetic. We are based between the Philippines, Germany and Ireland. We are constantly working on improving our procedures, processes and changing our approach to payroll reconciliations. We have many exciting projects coming our way as well. On our team catch ups we like to talk not only about work but about our hobbies, interests, sharing favorite holiday destinations as well as recommending books or movies. We can’t wait to add you to our journey. Thanks to our Transparency value, you can see what we are working on in our Team page.