Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We are looking for an Order Processing Specialist to join Coalfire’s Business Operations team.
As an Order Processing Specialist, you will be a member of the Coalfire Data + Order Management team and will be a crucial part of the order processing lifecycle. This includes managing the service order audit and execution, Salesforce data hygiene, and contract retention. You’ll serve as a key internal business operations liaison with the Coalfire sales organizations and work across multiple departments.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure efficient, organized, timely, complete and effective service order process
- Review contracts, Salesforce data, and internal documentation for consistency
- Execute contracts
- Help document and train on current processes
- Contract retention
- Partner with Sales team to resolve outstanding order requirements
- Participate in inter-departmental and cross-departmental collaboration as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least one year (1+) of contract review experience
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to work in a challenging and fast-growing environment
- Experience working with sales and project management organizations
- Experience with Salesforce or Salesforce CPQ
Why You’ll Want to Join Us
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like paid parental leave, flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, digital mental health and wellbeing support membership, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $40,000 to $69,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.