Anderson Optimization is a leading software as a service (SaaS) provider in the renewable energy development industry. We work with top solar, wind, and battery developers across the US and abroad to efficiently bring more renewable energy onto the power grid. We are scaling rapidly and need the talent to support this growth. Our culture is autonomous with a heavy emphasis on work/life balance.
What you’ll do...
You will be embedded in a cross functional (frontend/backend) team and assist with the development of our node based backend. Your duties will include developing, maintaining, and performing an active contributor role over our software. You will be expected to take requirements and deliver production level code effectively and in a timely manner. In addition, with your experience, you will voice your opinions on software architecture and start to perform code reviews. Our team uses an agile kanban development approach and is a fully remote team.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Taking ownership of new feature development and bug fixes
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Minimum 5 years professional software engineering experience or 3 years of professional software engineering experience and a degree in computer science
- Minimum 3 years professional experience as a back-end node software developer
- More than 1 year hands on SQL experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work asynchronously
- Familiarity with agile kanban development process
- Experience with common frameworks (express/fastify)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with a remote development team
- Experience developing APIs
- Experience with backend gis frameworks desired (GDAL/OGR, PostGIS, Geoserver)
- Strong understanding of unit testing
- Experience with authentication protocols
- Familiarity with Python
What we offer:
- $95K - $145K - Salary range is based on years of experience, experience in industry, and relevant skill set.
- 401(K) + 4% Match
- Medical, dental, vision
- No vacation limit, minimum 3 weeks
- Half day summer Fridays
- Work from anywhere / 100% remote (office available in Boulder, CO if you prefer working onsite)