Polco is a software technology company that better connects communities and their leaders through advanced civic surveying, performance analytics, and policy polling. Polco works with hundreds of cities and counties across 40 states and holds endorsements from the National League of Cities and the International City/County Managers Association. Polco is growing its customer base with its work with school districts, police departments, major news media organizations, and other civic organizations. Polco delivers the ease of online surveys and the citability of traditional analog surveys.
The Mid-Market Account Executive Account Executive position supports the market share growth of Polco by building relationships and identifying and closing new sales opportunities with net new accounts within an assigned territory. This is a hunter/closer role.
To ensure success in this role, the ideal candidate should demonstrate excellent active listening and communication skills, good personal presentation, politeness and tact, and be able to function in a high-pressure environment. We are specifically looking for a solution-oriented Account Executive who is comfortable with SaaS technologies and has a passion for working with state and local governments.
- Focus on selling our Civic Engagement Platform and suite of benchmark surveys to government agencies
- Identify and analyze new opportunities in the assigned territory and prioritize prospecting and sales activity in order to achieve or exceed the assigned quota
- Create a territory plan and re-evaluate quarterly to align with the team and company goals
- Prospect, cold call/email, demo, and close new business deals within the territory
- Hunt and set discovery meetings within an assigned territory to grow overall sales funnel value
- Conduct product demos for potential buyers and follow up with prospects to close the deal
- Enter and maintain accurate records and data regarding contacts, progress, and status for each opportunity using Hubspot, Asana, and Referenceable; create forecast reports for opportunities
- Lead your client hand-off meetings introducing the CLS team
- Attend conferences and events to drive new business
- Collaborate efficiently across internal teams
- A bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in government technology (GovTech) sales
- 3-5 years experience closing new business in an Account Executive role (ideally software and public sector)
- Reliable and self-motivated
- High-energy, competitive, and innovative team leader with the ability to think quickly
- Working knowledge of support tools (CRM tools, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail)
- Superior email, phone, and web communication skills
Knowledge and Skills
- The belief that policy improvement requires feedback and engagement
- The desire to lower and eliminate communication barriers between representatives and constituents
- Curiosity and a love of learning
- Ability to be a highly collaborative team player
- Strong communication skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Experience with MEDDICC is a plus!
- Experience working with state agencies is also a plus!
Why Work With Us?
- The excitement of being on the ground floor of a startup—you’ll be an integral part to helping Polco develop and grow
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team
- A significant chance to improve how government (and maybe even politics) works
- A remote-first work environment with flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- Full health benefits, including dental, medical, and vision coverage
- Home office setup stipend and professional development stipend
Apply for this role by submitting a resume, cover letter, and your personal information to the listing on Polco’s Careers page. Both a resume and a cover letter are required. Please submit your application materials as PDFs.
We are always looking for more Account Executives to join our Sales Team so this position will remain open indefinitely.
Polco is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics.