At Activate Care, we’re on a mission to improve health equity and drive improved health outcomes across the country. Our Community Care Record platform enables healthcare and community organizations to coordinate care for populations challenged with health-related social needs. Path Assist is our tech-enabled community health worker program for HRSN utilizing an evidence-based, structured intervention. Our goal is simple: increase health confidence, improve self-efficacy, and reduce inappropriate healthcare spend.
About the Role:
Far too many Americans are dealing with serious health issues without the help they need, just because our healthcare and social services systems are too difficult for them to navigate by themselves. Our software platform provides powerful navigation tools to organizations working with these vulnerable populations, managing their complicated health and social needs across health records systems, referral management systems, billing systems and more. And we’re looking for a few engineers to help us maintain and improve it so we can help more people in more places.
The Team is:
- Focused on quality - We believe in building the right thing and building things the right way. Our users need and expect tools that just work every time. We do not believe in shipping code that we’re not confident in.
- Remote-first - We’d love to see you in our headquarters in Boston, USA, but most of our engineering team works elsewhere.
- Dedicated to helping - Our product is about helping provide care to those who need it most, and we carry that ethos into the way we collaborate with each other.
- Systematic thinkers - We know the pain of working on systems built out of one-time kludges and hacks. We don’t just want to build the thing that serves one set of end-users and is alien to others. We thrive on making complex engineering computations look easily understandable to our audience.
- Takes well-specified features, design technical solutions for them and implement those solutions in working, well-tested and well-organized code.
- Writes and maintains automated tests to ensure the continuing functionality of the codebase.
- Refactors and updates old code to better align with best practices and company standards where appropriate.
- Understands and advocates for customer needs in team conversations.
- Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders about designs, technical issues and necessary trade-offs.
- Participates constructively in code reviews and other technical discussion.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-4 years experience in building production software on a team using modern languages and tools
- Fluency in at least one programming language
- Communicates effectively with non-technical stakeholders about technical designs, issues, and trade-offs
- Enthusiasm for helping vulnerable populations get access to resources and services that they need
Nice to have:
We don’t expect anyone to have all or even most of these, but if you have any of them, it’s a plus!
- Experience with maintaining a Ruby on Rails application in production
- Experience working on workflow automation systems
- Experience in the healthcare sector (whether in a software role or not)
- Experience working with sensitive data in a regulated environment (knowledge of HIPAA, etc)