Guidepoint’s Product team thrives on problem-solving and creating happier users. As Guidepoint works to achieve its mission of making individuals, businesses, and the world smarter through personalized knowledge-sharing solutions, the product team is taking on challenges to improve our internal CRM system and create new products to optimize the seamless delivery of our services.
We are seeking a hands-on UX Manager to join our team in our New York office or remote. The candidate will have experience with the full product life cycle, from product discovery and hypothesis validation, to design, development, instrumentation, and measurement of features that are being used by our customers. In addition, the candidate will have experience managing and growing a team of UX designers / researchers.
This position can be remote in the United States. Ideal candidates MUST be comfortable working EST hours.
Your Day-to-Day Will Include 💻:
- Spend 50% of your time managing a team of designers and around 50% of your time hands-on designing, researching, and handling other UX responsibilities
- Work closely with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders to define the product strategy, roadmap, and design vision
- Conduct user research and testing to validate product hypotheses and inform design decisions
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate design concepts and product features
- Develop design and UX guidelines for client-facing and internal applications
- Collaborate with developers to ensure designs are implemented as intended
- Work with product management to develop and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics to track the success of features and products
- Continuously iterate on designs based on user feedback and data analysis
- Mentor junior UX designers and contribute to the growth of the design team
Minimum Technical Qualifications✔️:
- 3+ years of experience as a UX lead or manager, managing a team of at least three UX designers/researchers
- 10+ years of total experience in UX, designer and/or researcher, with a strong portfolio showcasing user-centered design and design thinking principles
- Strong design skills in creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing using 3rd-party tools
- Expertise in Figma
- Excellent understanding of UX best practices, design systems, and their applications
- Expertise in visual design and iconography
- Comfortable with project management tools such as Jira and Confluence / Notion
- Stay current on industry trends, design standards, and technological advancements
Soft Skills Required✔️:
- Be the voice of the users, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Enjoy collaborating with peers in product and engineering and help drive towards decisions
- Accountable for work and take ownership of tasks
- Set a high-quality bar, and want to continuously improve design at Guidepoint
What We Offer📈:
The annual base salary for this position is $140,000 - $180,000.
You will be eligible for the following benefits:
- 15 PTO Days, 10 legal holidays, and sick days
- Comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 10% 401(k) match, life insurance, paid time-off, and parental leave plans
- Commuter benefits and a corporate gym rate
- Development opportunities through the LinkedIn Learning platform
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- Friday happy hour, “Summer Fridays”, and free snacks in the office
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment, team building, and other social events
Guidepoint is a leading research enablement platform designed to advance understanding and empower our clients’ decision-making process. Powered by innovative technology, real-time data, and hard-to-source expertise, we help our clients to turn answers into action.
Backed by a network of nearly 1.5 million experts, and Guidepoint’s 1,300 employees worldwide we inform leading organizations’ research by delivering on-demand intelligence and research on request. With Guidepoint, companies and investors can better navigate the abundance of information available today, making it both more useful and more powerful.