We’re looking for an empathetic Software Engineering Manager with a strong commitment to growing and shaping our team. Our team develops numerous products and services for GitHub’s Customer Success organization. Including but not limited to; the GitHub Support portal, our brand new Copilot for GitHub Support, Machine Learning tooling, and other exciting and impactful technologies that empower our internal teams to make a positive impact on our GitHub customers and community, each and every day.
The primary goal of this role is to be a leader. To enable every team member to do their best work, by guiding and serving them, and to upkeep the happiness and productivity of the team. In achieving this, you can expect to engage in very limited code delivery, but will instead get the opportunity to focus on improving our processes, standards, and overall abilities of the team. We work in a mostly asynchronous way with team members spanning across all continents and timezones, therefore when necessary and within reason, it will be important to be available to your team members.
- Meeting 1-1 with all your team members on a regular basis
- Planning and supporting career development
- Giving guided performance feedback
- Serving as a coach and mentor
- Fostering a supportive environment that will allow engineers to do their best work
- Guiding the development team’s vision, best practices, and priorities
- Initiating group discussions on engineering topics and facilitating team decision making
- Minimum 5 years experience in software development or delivery, technical customer support, or any other technical engineering focused positions associated to the software development lifecycle
- Experience building internal tools and services for customer success, technical support, or revenue teams
- Experience working within a fast-paced, high-tech, developer centric company within the DevOps, Cloud, AI/ML, or Cybersecurity industries
- Prior experience leading small teams of 5 to 10 software engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to facilitate team meetings
- Passionate about creating and fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of global engineers in a remote environment
Minimum salary of $90,700 to maximum $240,500
In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual’s base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.