Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaManager, SaaS Sales Representative - Capital One Software - (Remote)
Who we are:
Capital One has taken a bold journey to build a technology company while operating in a complex, highly regulated business. We have built out a large engineering organization, moved to the cloud, re-architected our applications and data platforms, and embraced machine learning at scale.
Through this journey, we’ve developed a suite of internal solutions uniquely designed to meet the challenges of a digital-first, cloud-first business at scale. Capital One Software is the Line of Business that supports Capital One’s imperative to make our software available to others. The Capital One Software team is exploring how these internal solutions across cloud, data, governance, and applications could serve the needs of other companies born or built in the cloud.
Capital One has been building cutting edge SaaS products, and now we are ready to release our own set of products externally.
Who we are searching for:
Capital One Software is looking for a tenacious and talented Software Sales Professional to join our newly established Business Development Team. In this SaaS startup-type (B2B) environment, you will effectively seek and manage new business opportunities.
You will also be leaned on to provide consulting and guidance to our collective Capital One Software Teams and participate in important projects that dramatically enhance the customer experience. Due to the entrepreneurial spirit required to thrive in this role, you will be intelligent about market trends and leverage sales techniques that enable us to be a best-in-class business development shop.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leverage customer insights, competitor insights, analytics and creative thinking to help your team develop compelling deck materials to support meetings and pitches with prospective partners.
- Identify any potential impediments to the business development process and autonomously solve or escalate to senior leaders if necessary.
- Utilize various forms for communication including, but not limited to email, phone, direct mail, and Linkedin channels to prospect/set presentations with potential clients.
- Create testing, evaluation and performance feedback processes
- Provide ongoing consumer research expertise and consultation to internal partners and senior leaders in support of marketing strategy decisions.
- Lead research design, execution and delivery of insights utilizing a variety of brand measurement sources, including brand health and communications trackers, creative pre-testing, in-market advertising and media effectiveness studies, and ad-hoc custom qualitative and quantitative studies. Proactively engaging in outbound activity leveraging best of breed software and tactics to effectively target ideal customers
- Track and manage sales activities in CRM system
- Communicating customer needs with software developers, managers and executives
- Submitting orders for sales processing
- Negotiating service agreements and product prices with customers
- Discussing software needs with customers to determine the best-matched products
- Advising customers on technical matters regarding their software options
Develop thorough understanding of partner’s business dynamics and identify opportunities to strengthen the strategic relationship with customers to mutually grow our respective businesses, deliver improved customer experience, and position Capital One Software as the partner of choice for future opportunities. Influence senior leaders on storytelling approach and value proposition/marketing recommendations
Evaluate industry trends, technological shifts and market dynamics to identify and engage the right partners to advance the development of Capital One Software projects, programs and products that positively impact the customer experience.
Work closely with colleagues across Capital One Software including: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Customer Success and others to identify opportunities to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One Software in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of experience in business development or marketing strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in business development, including CRM usage
- 1+ year of experience in AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake or Databricks
- At least 1 year of Enterprise SaaS experience
- Ability to influence, take initiative, and drive results in a fast-paced environment