At Vetsource, we create a significant relationship between veterinarians and their clients by enabling pet parents to get essential medications and foods delivered directly to their homes. In addition, we strive to provide every veterinary practice with the tools to improve their business, deliver better care, and personalize their client experience. At Vetsource, we collaborate to enable our collective work and ideas to fuel us to provide excellent services and innovative solutions.
Love pets? Want to have an impact AND work in a truly growing organization? Join the Vetsource Integrations and Analytics Team and attain your career aspirations within our growing organization. We provide pharmaceutical products to Veterinarians and Pet Owners around the country, and we are growing fast!
We welcome all applicants who qualify. While skills and experience matter, we love a good fit too!
Did you know…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply when they check every box. So if you think you might be a good fit for the role, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still reach out. We’d love to learn more about you!
Your focus as the manager will be directing the team’s structure, processes, and culture towards enabling other teams to make the best data-driven decisions they can. Excellence in this position requires a drive to be as helpful as possible towards your teammates in other parts of the organization, a willingness to understand their needs, and rigorous thinking to build sustainable solutions to address them.
This is not just a managerial position. You will be expected to dig into the data yourself and tackle some of the hardest problems facing the team. Staying on top of new tools and processes, working with our state of the art tech stack (Snowflake + dbt + Looker), developing a keen understanding of the organization’s overall business goals and constantly thinking about how to automate more processes will be part of your day-to-day as well.
- Manage, hire, coach and develop a team of analysts
- Design scalable, maintainable analytics infrastructure using state-of-the-art tooling and best practices
- Dig deep with clients in order to understand their needs
- Synthesize and visualize data clearly while retaining context necessary for decision-making
- Develop well thought-out metrics to measure business goals
- Organize workflows and processes to be responsive to a fast-growing business
- Identify useful data sources and integrate them into our data warehouse
- Model disparate data sources into a common data layer
- Evaluate analysts’ models and other output for completeness and relevance
- Provide direct supervision, guidance, and mentorship to the analytics team
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to team members
- Ensure team members have access to the tools and resources necessary for success
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and open communication within the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align analytics projects and priorities with overall company goals
- Assist in the resolution of any conflicts or issues that arise within the team
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BA in engineering, economics, math or similar qualification
- 1+ year of experience managing a team of analysts
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, analytics, statistics or similar
- Experience building dashboards with Tableau, PowerBI, Looker or similar
- Experience with Agile, Kanban, Scrum or similar
- Proficient with Python or R
- Familiarity with DBT or other data modeling software
- Background in operations, finance, marketing, sales, veterinary medicine or other business areas is a plus.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model Vetsource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way they want to be treated; Embrace change; Be innovative; Get it done; enjoy the work! In addition, employees will be held accountable for knowledge and the practical application of these principles.
A culture where everyone can thrive!
In addition to an inclusive, welcome culture where you can get engaged, Vetsource also offers:
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance
- A dog-friendly work environment
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible scheduling, including remote work where possible
- Professional development opportunities