The Machine Learning Research Scientist is responsible for improving the artificial intelligence component of Lirio’s agent through research. This involves conducting research on various machine learning (ML) algorithms and techniques to solve complex problems in various domains such as high-dimensional optimization, recommendation systems, architecture design, policy selection, natural language processing, and more. In addition, this position also requires collaborations with other junior and senior researchers, engineers, as well as data and behavioral scientists to identify research opportunities and collaborate on research and projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilites
- Publishing research papers and presenting research findings at conferences and workshops.
- Participating in the development and deployment of ML models and systems, as well as working with other colleagues and teams to integrate ML solutions into various products and services. (30%)
- Designing, developing, and evaluating ML models and prototypes, creating and maintaining large datasets, and identifying and implementing suitable ML algorithms for specific problems. (20%)
- Contributing to open-source projects and the wider research community.
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior researchers and data scientists.
- Staying current with the latest developments in ML, deep learning, and related fields, and continuously learning and experimenting with new techniques.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Mathematics/ Computer Science or related field
- 0-3 years experience
- Academic research experience
- Experience in an industry environment
- Familiarity with various programming languages such as Python, R, and MATLAB, as well as ML frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- The successful candidate should have a strong background in mathematics, statistics, and computer science, with experience in ML, deep learning, optimization, and data analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a team are essential.
- A Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, and computer science, or a related field is required for this role. To be considered for a Senior role at Lirio you must also have a minimum of four (4) years experience as a MLRS or related position as well as experience in: analyzing real-world data and developing simulating training data for improving production ML systems; and software engineering and deploying deep learning algorithms using, e.g., MLFlow, in real-world environments.
- Advanced Computer Skills