About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with US offices in San Francisco and Denver and over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people daily.
Strava’s Localization Project Manager will work with the marketing, product, engineering, and commerce teams to evangelize the importance of global thinking in every step of the development process and to facilitate the localization of everything Strava produces. They must deeply understand the software and content localization, work effectively across team boundaries, and be comfortable working with engineers.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Manage Strava’s localization and translation roadmap for our mobile app and website.
- Oversee the localization and internationalization of product and mobile content.
- Manage and maintain the current glossary.
- Work closely and maintain relationships with Transifex, e2f, and external translators.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
You will be successful here by:
- Working with internal teams to establish efficient workflows and continuously improve processes related to the planning and delivering translations and multilingual content.
- Implementing ongoing quality assessment systems to ensure high-quality deliveries promptly.
- Having a keen eye for detail, emphasizing accuracy and quality.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 5+ years of software localization experience or equivalent wisdom
- You are located within the Pacific time zone
- You deeply understand the software development lifecycle for mobile and web platforms, as well as i18n/l10n best practices.
- You’ve worked collaboratively with product management, marketing, and engineering organizations.
- Regarding written and verbal communication skills, yours are outstanding, and you are comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization.
- You are familiar with JIRA, Transifex, and project management tools
- You have excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills
- You can work independently and as a team
- You excel at problem-solving and collaborating across culturally diverse and globally distributed teams.
- You are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- You are fluent in at least two of the following languages preferred, but any combination is welcome (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian, Japanese, Dutch).