BiggerPockets is the leading resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer content, tools, and a community of +2MM members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investment decisions.
Our mission at BiggerPockets is to help people achieve financial freedom through real estate investing. Since 2004, we’ve helped investors get their first (or next) deal through a unique combination of immersive education, deal analysis tools, and a supportive community.
Reporting to the Director of Memberships, this role is responsible for driving free and paid membership engagement and retention. You’ll be responsible for developing marketing strategies to drive repeat site visits, increase high-value feature adoption, increase LTV/ARPU, and reduce paid member churn.
This is an exciting opportunity for a matrix-maven. The role requires collaboration with multiple teams: you’ll partner with the Sr. Manager of Subscriptions on a seamless user handoff – they’ll drive the paid membership upgrade, then you’ll manage the member’s lifecycle from onboarding to engagement to retention. You’ll partner with the Acquisitions Manager on a seamless user handoff - they’ll drive free membership signups, then you’ll manage ongoing engagement with high-value features. You’ll partner with Product to monitor onsite behavior, understand user problems, and identify product refinements that could maximize engagement and retention. You’ll team up with our Email Marketing Manager to implement and optimize email sends and automations. You’ll partner with our Customer Support teams to support retention and engagement strategies for paid members.
Primary KPIs for Performance:
- Free member engagement to increase conversion propensity to paid membership
- Paid membership engagement (monthly average active days, time on site, feature adoption)
- Paid membership churn reduction (QoQ and YoY)
- Increasing paid member LTV
- Increase ARPU through product cross-sell and upsell
1. Drive member engagement and retention by:
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns that support the existing Memberships strategy, and identifying new opportunities to drive higher engagement and retention.
- Optimizing and tracking onboarding marketing communications and experience to increase feature adoption and overall engagement.
- Partnering with Content Team and Media Team to develop paid member only content and experiences to showcase value and drive engagement and retention.
- Partnering with our Email Marketing Manager, you’ll own all critical email workflows for engaging free and paid members - welcome series, engagement funnels, re-engagement series, winback series, etc.
- Partnering with the Paid Media team to develop and execute paid re-engagement campaigns for paid members.
- Collaborating with Product to identify continued value creation for our subscription product, and lead go-to-market campaigns to drive awareness and adoption among members.
- Partnering internally to optimize newsletter content and features to drive engagement.
- Collaborating with events team to develop and market member functions and events for continued engagement and retention, inclusive of our 2000+ attendee annual member conference
2. Reduce paid member churn by:
- Partnering with Business Intelligence on predictive models and churn insights, and then translating insights into marketing actions.
- Developing and implementing churn prevention strategies, communications and promotions to “save” at risk members.
3. Analyze and report on performance metrics by:
- Continuously analyzing performance data to support proposed initiatives, optimize current campaigns, and identify new opportunities for growth
4. Develop assets for your marketing campaigns – writing copy, partnering with graphic design to develop creative, updating basic site assets, etc.
5. Develop marketing campaigns that leverage our existing marketing channel ecosystem: email, site, onboarding journey, member dashboard, owned media content (podcast, webinars, YouTube), paid media, organic social, and customer support.
- 4+ years of experience in lifecycle and/or subscription marketing with demonstrated experience increasing engagement and reducing churn.
- You’ve had meaningful experience and proven success with B2C membership and/or subscription product marketing.
- You’re a matrix maven: You’re energized by matrixed collaboration, can deftly figure out the best way to put puzzle pieces together, and understand how to navigate building relationships while driving results.
- You embrace ambiguity and drive decisions. You know how to translate high-level objectives into tangible and actionable strategies, can filter ideas through a marketing 80/20 lens, and can proactively communicate on performance, updates, and issues.
- You have a can-do mindset: you’re able to overcome challenges and find success in the data and information you have at hand. Your experience can help us lay a solid foundation, and your curiosity and commitment to member engagement will take us to the next level.
- You’re a data nerd: You can interpret and storytell around data.
- You can operate independently and with efficiency.
- Multi-channel marketing: You have experience in multiple marketing channels and have learned how to successfully leverage a variety of channels including: email, podcasts, YouTube, organic social, paid media, etc.
- You have specific experience in email audience creation, segmentation and management and proven results with email automation.
- You like to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
BiggerPockets is proud to be an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer.
- We celebrate, support, and encourage being different for the benefit of our team members and community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status or other non-merit factor.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All employment offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $100,000 per year, based on experience
- 10% yearly bonus (based on company performance)
- United States - Remote
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off
- Office snacks & beverages
- Tuition reimbursement & career development
- 401k package
- Paid parental leave
- 12 company-paid holidays per year
- Community service & volunteer opportunities
- Amazing team & fun culture with lots of team events
- Learn more about real estate investing