We are seeking a high-performing, self-directed Legal Counsel excited to help achieve the mission and commercial objectives of OpenText’s Cyber Security Division. This is an exceptional opportunity to learn the business of cyber resilience and meaningfully impact the Division’s growth. The successful candidate will be energized by working in an evolving organization and capable of connecting business strategy to legal work.
Reporting directly to the Associate General Counsel (Director, Legal Counsel) for the Cyber Security SMBC Division. You will be joining a close-knit, collaborative SMBC legal team with global exposure and growth opportunities across the broader OpenText commercial legal team. Our team and our organization work from several locations across the globe and you must be willing and able to work independently and communicate virtually with team members.
You Are Great At
- Work cross-functionally with different departments to close deals and achieve the Cyber Security SMB/C Division’s commercial objectives
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements, including license, SaaS subscription, master and professional services, distribution, reseller, OEM and privacy related agreements
- Drive the legal team’s strategic initiatives, including development and implementation of processes that improve time-to-contract without material increases in risk
- Provide practical guidance to the Sales and Procurement organizations that balances business objectives and legal risk
- Keep abreast of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards
What It Takes
- 4 - 7 years’ experience in commercial contracting, preferably in an in-house setting
- Experience with SaaS subscription agreements, software licenses, master and professional services agreements, distribution and reseller agreements, OEM agreements, and data processing agreements
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in a legal role with meaningful responsibility
- Membership in good standing with at least one state bar
- Ability to work autonomously and independently drive high value projects to completion Communication skills to effectively interface with non-legal colleagues as well as external partners and customers
- Sound business judgment and the ability to appropriately balance business objectives and legal risk
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in a new business unit within a dynamic, global corporation
Work Location: This is a remote position and the work arrangement is Virtual, US
This job is expected to pay in the range of $145,000 to $185,000 annual salary as well as a comprehensive and competitive group benefit and healthcare plan. Individual compensation will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements.