The Bazaar is Tempo’s take on a strategy card game. As a Lead User Interface / User Experience Designer on the team, you will be trusted to design solutions that help players navigate all aspects of our game. You will work closely with lead designers, and your cross discipline teams, to produce strong UX flows through interesting and intuitive control schemes and layouts.
You will be responsible for owning design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area. You will be a leader within our game design group, where you’ll work with game design creative and product leadership to set the design strategy and own design delivery across The Bazaar, encompassing multiple features and often spanning across channels and teams.
You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other UX designers, visual designers, product owners, and technologists to achieve your goals, and to continue to improve The Bazaar’s player experience. Leadership, collaboration, and communication will be key for this role, as you will become the point of contact for UI/UX on The Bazaar.
- 5+ years of experience designing mobile experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Figma, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Expertise designing across iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android for Developers / Material Design and an understanding of each platform’s differences and trade-offs
- Experience with mobile design, interaction patterns, and hardware differences/capabilities (e.g., Gyroscope events, performance tradeoffs)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, UI animation, etc.
- Experience mentoring, leading, and developing team members
- Lead UI/UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., “minimum delightful experiences”)
- Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UI/UX flows
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation and alignment frameworks, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups, and/or prototypes)
- Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
- Manage, develop, and mentor other members of the UI/UX design team
Who we are – Tempo Games Studio
We are a new start-up game studio with an incredible game in development. The Bazaar is an infinitely-replayable, global, and free-to-play strategy card game for all platforms. In this genre-bending title, you play as an enterprising adventurer on a quest for wealth and glory in an intergalactic marketplace.
We are hiring the best-in-class talent and our team has collectively delivered more than 100 games, events, and marketing campaigns with the largest companies around the globe, including Epic, Microsoft, Amazon, Activision Blizzard, Capcom, ArenaNet, Warner Bros., Bungie, Sony, and Disney.
Tempo fosters a culture of innovation, inclusion, and passion among our team and fans to deliver impactful experiences that shape the way we all create, entertain, and play. We invest everything into our staff, culture, and product.
Compensation and benefits:
Tempo has listed the pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, domain knowledge, interview performance, position level, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
In the United States, the standard annual base pay range for this role is $90,000 and up, depending on the above-mentioned factors. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
The salary is just one part of the overall compensation at Tempo. We also offer a package of benefits including discretionary paid time off, paid time off for federal holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and tax-advantaged 401(k) accounts to regular full-time employees.