Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Under Armour is looking for a talented professional to join our Global Technology team as Lead SDET, Quality Assurance. The Lead SDET of Quality Assurance will be responsible for execution and delivery of technology related quality assurance testing and test automation primary focused on backend API and performance testing. The Lead SDET will manage co-ordination of internal and external QA resourcing, execution of all test phases, development and execution of robust and repeatable automation tests providing governance, driving quality process improvement and best practice methodologies across multiple projects and feature enhancements. The Lead SDET will contribute to App and API testing, backend testing and performance testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery and execution of technology related QA testing and test automation across multiple direct to consumer products, strategic and operational projects, and cross functional teams
- Lead performance testing and API validation requirements, recommending and estimating resourcing and associated timelines.
- Responsible for end-to-end QA life cycle management and maintenance including test automation for multiple direct to consumer global products.
- Manage and co-ordinate multiple external QA teams responsible for test execution and automation delivery across products and projects.
- Lead, govern and manage testing efforts and documentation of results for load and API testing.
- Provide or review time estimates, technical recommendations, and test solutions in business cases.
- Influence the integration of outstanding architecture principles and goals into the team’s projects through designs, implementation strategies, and project sequence.
- Lead performance testing for global technology projects
- Help create and implement metrics processes and requirements for API and performance testing.
- Collaborate cross functional teams and lead SDETs.
- Participate in technical design reviews and be able to identify requirements ambiguity.
- Work with product managers and engineering leaders early on to craft testability and supportability of the product offerings and build testing capabilities that are flexible, extensible, and robust.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Able to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Proactive in bringing solutions to observed gaps in requirements and process.
- Proactive in test planning; able to identify and breakout tasks based on a test plan.
- Mentor and guide QA Engineers
- Lead and direct test environment readiness and associated processes
- Govern, regulate and enforce test case optimization, change impact analysis and risk-based test analysis.
- Experience ensuring code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems.
- An ability to lead through influence by forming productive relationships cross-functionally with our leadership team.
- Expertise in building and maintaining test frameworks from the ground up for web or mobile app
- Proficiency to code to automate tests for the full solution stack (UI, API, Web Service, Database)
- In-depth understanding of application performance and work through high volume scalability issues
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong Java, Go and/or Python programming skills.
- Expertise with relational databases such as Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking abilities.
- Java (or similar language)
- Software Development Processes & Technologies
- Agile Development
- Android Studio AVD
- Xcode iOS simulators
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Education And / Or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 8+ years of experience or Master’s degree plus 6+ years of hands-on experience in IT
- 4+ years team lead experience
- Expertise in Quality Assurance practices, procedures, policies
- Knowledge with CI/CD pipelines
- Reporting/BI system experience is a plus.
- Location: Home Office
- Return To Work Designation: Fully Remote
- Travel: N/A
- Licenses/Certifications: N/A
Salary & Relocation
- No relocation provided
- Base compensation range: $123,642 - $166,916.2