Waypoint is striving to rethink the idea of an internal developer platform. We believe that by empowering platform teams to own the guardrails and process challenges, it will free the development teams up to concentrate on what they care about most: building their apps. Because we believe this space is still evolving in our industry, this role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence future product direction, guided by meaningful engagement with actual customers.
We’re looking for someone to lead the product management effort in defining this exciting and growing space.
In this role you can expect to…
- Guide the vision and strategy for the Waypoint product team.
- Develop and scope product objectives for both near- and long-term feature delivery.
- Speak to customers and define problems we need to solve. Understand the foundational issues they are having and help communicate them to your engineering team.
- Communicate clearly, both because as a remote company it’s important for us to be able to write well to share our insights, and because it is critical in building team alignment.
- Bring your own unique experiences to discussions and regularly challenge us to embrace new perspectives and approaches, particularly in the area of modem development practices.
- Be ready to learn about new challenges as we engage with more and more customers. This is not a fully defined product space in our industry and there is plenty of room for innovation!
You may be a good fit for our team if you …
- Deal well with ambiguity and help bring clarity to the team around you.
- Have experience with developer tools or modern development practices.
- Are opinionated but humble in how you express those opinions.
- Are passionate about understanding both the needs of a development team and the needs of a platform team, and want to help them collaborate.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have 12+ years in product management or have a technical background in developer tooling.