We are a Tech for Good company striving to bring clinical research to each and every patient, regardless of who they are or where they live. To do this, we are the first platform in the clinical trial industry to create greater visibility, access, and engagement in clinical trials for more diverse population of doctors and their patients.
Today, Inato’s platform is a managed marketplace matching community hospitals with clinical trials!
Drug development is a challenging, intellectually complex, and rewarding endeavor: we enable global pharmaceutical companies to confidently partner with community-based researchers to increase patient access to the latest medical innovations. The platform currently offers clinical trials from leading pharmaceutical companies to over 2,500 hospitals across the globe.
We are a growing team of passionate healthcare experts, product people, professional services members, and many more - all bringing their unique perspective to solve the challenges facing clinical research. Our team members live by our company values to be bold, resilient, caring, and pragmatic. If this sounds like you, join us!
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our team!
We envision two sides for the role:
- Individual Contributor working hand in hand with a Product Manager on one major product initiative.
This position will report to our CEO, Kourosh.
Product at Inato
We strive to be a product-led company. Hence why our CEO is also our CPO.
Currently, we have four product scopes which contribute to our overall Company strategy. Within each scope lives a fully dedicated, highly collaborative, team composed of a Product Manager, a Product Designer, a Technical Lead and a Product Data Analyst. This team structure ensures that we have the appropriate involvement of the right stakeholders at the right time (stakeholders = market/users, business teams and tech teams).
Our Product Managers revisit and refresh their roadmaps, features, and overall strategy on a quarterly basis by evaluating market & user insights and the progress that has been made toward company OKRs.
Pssst! Before you read the below - please note:
"Sponsors" = industry term for pharma companies.
"Sites" = industry term for hospitals, doctor’s offices, and clinical research centers.
Below is a short summary of our 4 Product scopes:
Sponsor: aimed at enabling sponsors to identify & select the right hospitals for their trials
Sites: aimed at increasing hospital access to the right trials for their patients
Diversity: aimed at increasing the number of sites that qualify as diverse globally
Site activation: aimed at accelerating the activation process
As an individual contributor, you would focus on the Site Activation scope. This scope is extremely strategic for Inato as it increases the value we provide beyond matching, reducing incentives for sponsors & sites to bypass Inato after a first collaboration.
As an individual contributor, you will:
- Co-lead user research with the Product Manager.
- Own design: from wireframes to impact analysis through testing and delivery.
- Contribute to the strategy of your scope.
- Contribute to shape and evolve the Product Design at Inato, the org, culture, vision, principles, and processes to make Inato the most delightful experience within our market
As a Manager, you will:
- Develop a professional growth framework for the team and provide them with opportunities to learn and grow within their respective roles.
- Manage a team of designers through their end-to-end process, championing and encouraging creative thinking and continuous improvement.
The target energy split will be 20% for management and 80% for individual contributor. This is meant to evolve as we grow the design team.
- You have 5+ years experience designing and shipping digital products for an early stage start up with a strong product & design culture.
- You have a product mindset and prior experience scaling design processes
- Your prior experience heavily impacted complex highly successful products
- You create pragmatic, user-centered designs in autonomy and with great attention to detail
- You have a well-rounded design skill set with a focus on UX design
- You fall in love with the problem rather than the solution and iterate until you reach the business target
- You are eager to dive in a new complex industry
- You have an appreciation for the entire product development cycle: research, problem definition, ideation, solution design, testing, and iteration
- You are familiar with building and perfecting a design system
- You have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bonus: You have experienced the scaling phase of a start-up and know how design can contribute and how to structure a design team in this environment
- Bonus: You grew your team size
- Bonus: You are particularly skilled in designing beautiful interfaces
Why Join Us?
- Competitive compensation package (salary & generous equity)
- Excellent health benefits - including two plan options with $0 deductible!
- Generous paid-time-off policy including 6 weeks vacation, 9 observed public holidays, and 4 floating holidays
- Remote-first philosophy & flexible hours
- A supportive parental leave for mothers & partners
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- Mission driven work and a great team!