Seqera Labs is the leading provider of workflow orchestration software enabling collaborative data analysis at scale. Our mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
A better world through accelerated scientific discovery
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food.
At the heart of all of these transformations is the ability for scientists and computational biologists to make sense of an exponentially growing data set. Seqera Labs’ mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
Seqera Labs’ founders are the creators of Nextflow, the most widely used framework for computational pipelines and the largest community of computational scientists curating pipelines for advancing science. Seqera Labs’ goal is to provide the full suite of commercial products enabling effortless data analysis, for every scientist, on any infrastructure.
Our products are used for some of the most important work on the planet, including developing personalized immunogenic vaccines, new diagnostics, ML-based image processing, and pathogenic surveillance. For more information on Seqera Labs, visit http://seqera.io
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Mid/Senior level.#LI-Remote: US or Canada (ET Time)
* If you have seen the job posted on Linkedin and wondered about the 400K yearly compensation, that is inaccurate. We’re working with Linkedin to solve this bug. If selected for an interview, you’ll discuss the right compensation package with the team
About the role
As a Developer Advocate at Seqera Labs, you will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and engagement of the Nextflow community in the United States. You will act as the bridge between Seqera and the community, responsible for nurturing, engaging, and expanding the community’s reach. Your expertise in the field, cultural understanding, and strong technical skills will enable you to effectively promote Nextflow and nf-core, while also establishing and managing valuable partnerships to drive community growth and adoption.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
What You’ll Do
- Engage and nurture the Nextflow community, serving as the main point of contact in your region and increasing active community participation.
- Manage and optimize communication channels, including a Slack workspace with over 6000 members, and other spaces where we meet our community of dozens of thousands users and collaborators, resulting in increased community engagement and a higher number of discussions.
- Organize and execute impactful community events, leading to a significant increase in participation and positive feedback.
- Deliver compelling presentations and demos that effectively promote the technical merits of Nextflow and nf-core, resulting in increased adoption and usage.
- Conduct training sessions and provide timely and accurate technical support, resulting in a high satisfaction rate among community members and a decrease in unresolved technical queries.
- Establish strategic partnerships with key industry players and research institutions, leading to collaborative projects and a measurable increase in community growth and adoption.
- Represent Seqera Labs in regional conferences, meetups, and events, resulting in increased brand visibility and community outreach.
- Stay informed about the latest developments in bioinformatics and genomics, resulting in the ability to provide up-to-date and relevant insights to the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in open-source or scientific software community management and engagement
- Understanding of the bioinformatics and genomics landscape, and practical knowledge of Nextflow and its alternatives (e.g., Snakemake, CWL, WDL).
- Ability to articulate and promote technical concepts effectively.
- Experience delivering presentations and conducting training sessions.
- Strong networking and relationship-building abilities.
- Ability to work independently and drive initiatives.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the creators and leading provider of open-source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera’s customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company’s success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.