- Are you an optimistic, upbeat person that likes to move fast and be proactive?
- Are you outgoing, empathetic, intuitive, and a little impatient?
- Are you kind of obsessed with the details?
- Are you almost compulsively neat?
- Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects at a time with a group of experts?
Be the hero on a team of developers who are serious about building great looking apps. We’ve always worked with great design partners along the way but these days we’re building more and more apps directly with clients. We’re looking for an expert designer to help elevate projects across web and mobile apps.
- Work with talented developers to design great looking sites and apps
- Mock up the first version of a web app for a nationally recognized tire brand in Figma
- QA the UI of a new web app based on your mockups
- Design the style guide for a new iOS and Android app
- Make suggestions on how to improve an existing design of a marketing site
A designer at SKYCATCHFIRE loves building great UIs in Figma. They’re excited to work with a team of expert developers who obsess over their craft.
- Experience working directly with developers to design and build both marketing websites and apps.
- Figma level = expert
- Experience with animation and motion graphics
- Expert writer that prefers emails to meetings (a default job requirement at SKYCATCHFIRE)
- Examples to show you're a living, breathing designer actively designing websites and apps (portfolio site or recent examples required)
- Expert level experience designing great looking and easy to use sites and apps
- Experience in HTML/CSS. You’ll be working with developers every day and expected to design things that they will build. Knowing the language they use will make the partnership more successful.
- Detail oriented with the ability to self manage a task from start to finish
- Ability to break down complicated tasks into small obtainable goals
Experience Bonus Points
- Experience with Tailwind / Tailwind UI
- Curious about programming (e.g. may have taken an online course or considered a coding bootcamp)
/giphyskills on Slack (or a desire to learn)
Benefits & Perks
- A team that's serious about deep work, no meetings, and cares about How We Communicate
- See all of our Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401k matching
- Company profit sharing
- 40 hour work week on your own schedule
- Half-day Summer Fridays (May 1 - August 31)
- Work from anywhere (including our HQ in Canton, Ohio)
- MacBook Pro (we just upgraded to M1 Max) and whatever else you need to do your job well
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Training & Improvement Courses
Working from HQ? Here are some more perks...
- Standing desk and multiple 4K displays
- Casual office environment
- Add what you want to the weekly Instacart order
- Friday team lunch
- A robot called skybot that obeys Slack commands