iMMAP Inc. is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP Inc.’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Description of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Director and the CEO of iMMAP Inc., the HR Officer will support all HR related processes for iMMAP Inc.’s Global HR Team, on a 50% part-time modality.
The Global Support HR Officer will be supporting the HQ of iMMAP Inc. at the Global HR Team, with all HR related internal tasks, in accordance with the established internal HR policies and procedures and as outlined in the TORs.
This is a part-time and temporary role, to support the Global HR Team.
Description of Duties
1. Support all HR related workflows and processes for iMMAP Inc.’s HQ;
2. Track, monitor and ensure that all iMMAP Inc. personnel, when needed and required, have their profiles updated regularly, including all the necessary security/Admin and HR related documents;
3. Manage the on-boarding and off-boarding processes for all iMMAP Inc. personnel when required;
4. Provide HR and Admin briefings to all iMMAP Inc. personnel, when required;
5. Work closely with the HR Department in defining, improving and implementing all HR related policies and procedures;
6. Support and participate on all HR recruitments for the iMMAP Inc. HQ teams, including acting as HR focal point in interview processes;
7. Support in the creation of job vacancies for iMMAP Inc., following the existing job profiles and the HR platform structure, when required by iMMAP Inc.’s HQ and Country Teams;
8. Provide timely HR / Admin support to all iMMAP Inc. personnel, when required;
9. Support the Global HR Team with the drafting and issuance of contracts for iMMAP Inc. personnel, when required;
10. Support the Global HR Team in issuing all mandatory HR related documents (Letter of Employments, Mission Orders etc.) , including contracts for iMMAP Inc. personnel, when required.
- Masters level University degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Operations, Project Management or relevant specialties or relevant working experience.
- At least 2 years of experience as HR for international humanitarian and development organizations (United Nations and International NGOs) in complex humanitarian emergencies (disasters and man-made) and development.
- A background working in not-for-profit, internationally‐focused organizations, and experience leading programs in risk-adverse environments.
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
- Experience and appreciation of Information and knowledge management and capacity building programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which enables the incumbent to effectively communicate across a variety of platforms and continents.
- Strong speaking and writing skills.
- Strong organisation skills, very good knowledge of HRIS and HR challenges.
- A background working in Human Resources departments and participating in recruitment processes.
- Good knowledge of Information Management skills and practices.
- Fluent in English and French is an asset.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP Inc.’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP Inc. has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.