We were waiting for you!
We know these are busy days for everyone and that you have plenty of options, so thank you for taking the time to read this posting! 😉
🤝 This is us, using AI to (truly) disrupt an entire industry
Born at Stanford and Wharton, FounderNest is a gen-AI company in stealth mode that helps corporations in the world improve and streamline their market intelligence processes, including: (1) helping them understand the taxonomy and dynamics of their spaces of interest, (2) mapping out all the players, (3) getting unique insights about the space (e.g. growth rate, investment activity); and (4) tracking what their competitors are doing.
Our core technology is built on real-time analytics running on private and public company data. This fuels our Natural Language Processing AI with +60M companies and +1.2B aggregated data points, allowing us to be 3x-5x better than alternatives.
We are proud to count amongst our clients some of the largest corporations across a wide range of industries worldwide — for example, some of the largest pharma companies, management consulting firms, biotech companies, or the largest food & beverage companies in the world.
This is the perfect time to join us! We are well funded and growing fast (yes, growing which may seem crazy in current times 😊). By joining FounderNest at this time, you will have the opportunity to see the impact of your work on a daily basis while you grow your career in parallel to the company’s growth.
👩🏼🎨 What you will do
The Head of Sales will be responsible architecting a sales strategy and managing a team of AE’s & SDR’s in enterprise sales. The person should be excited by selling into new markets, strategizing next steps, negotiating complex deals and beating the competition in head to head opportunities. In other words, do all it takes to set the sales team (and company) up for success to meet our ARR growth goals.
- Own all plans and strategies for developing the business and achieving the company’s sales goals. Define goals aligned with the company strategy, determine the actions to achieve them, identify resources, oversee the execution, and measure impact.
- Analyze market trends, staying on top of competitors and bringing unique insights to the organization to boost sales in new markets.
- Lead the development of the sales plan. Prepare forecasts, dashboards and reports for organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting, and strategic planning.
- Analyze and provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development; analyze bottlenecks and design plans to tackle those.
- Lead the development of the sales team. Build the team, establish objectives, track performance, coach the team (including listening to calls), motivate them and develop action plans to help SDR’s and AE’s achieve their quotas.
- Optimize the sales engine and the playbook. Have a data-driven scientific approach, launching & measuring experiments. Perfect the sales process and playbook. Along with marketing, identify ICPs, create sales scripts, materials, email templates, and reusable demo agendas. Attend events when necessary.
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Engineering. Particularly: (1) with Customer Success on trial conversion and account expansion opportunities; (2) with Marketing on establishing the inbound lead requirements needed to meet the sales objectives and on the lead-nurturing process among others, (3) with Product on understanding patterns of pains and opportunities in prospects to identify how to expand our value proposition.
- Evangelize the product and personally help close key deals.
🎯 What you will bring
We are now looking for experienced, highly skilled Head of Sales, with SaaS experience selling to multinational corporations globally.
- 3+ years of experience as a Head of Sales at Enterprise SaaS fast-growing early-stage startup, managing SDRs and AEs with a track record of exceeding quota.
- Experimentation mindset.
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Native in English. Strong oral communication skills.
🏆 Bonus Points
- Experience in enterprise.
- Experience as Account Executive / SDR at a high-growth, mission-driven startup.
- Experience in the market intelligence space.
⌛️We are committed to you
🚀 Personal & professional growth
- You will be a key part of a lean team that will support your growth, within a safe environment. You will be supported to experiment and become a reference of FounderNest’s Sales efforts.
- You will have direct exposure to Silicon Valley, which includes the best VCs (some of them are our own investors) and startups in the world.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We’ve achieved more than teams 15x our size in less time — and there’s so much more to do and learn.
- Exponential growth: We humbly say that 6 months at FounderNest may be equivalent to 2 years at any other company in terms of your growth. This is thanks to the pace at which we operate, the state-of-the-art practices and processes that drive our company, and the unparalleled caliber of the people you will get to work with. You’ll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
🏢 Working environment
- We pride ourselves on having built an open, humble, diverse, supportive, and truly unique culture. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values (they are codified in our framework called CALIBER 🤗: Customer Excellence, Agility, Learning, Innovation, Balance, Ethics, Respect) and our passion for technology, you will find a home at FounderNest.
- You will be part of a team committed to disrupting an industry while having fun in the process!
- We have built a thriving environment based on cooperation and constructive feedback ♻️, with smart, ambitious, and hard-working individuals who dream about making an impact in the world.
- You will have a flexible schedule ⏳. We trust that you are the one that knows yourself better. For this reason, we have a flexible working hours policy: you are free to organize your own time.
- Though we work remotely from all over the world 🌎, we love spending time together so we also organize recurrent in-person activities, events, and off-sites.
- Free vacation policy ✈️, as long as you coordinate with your team and you meet our goals.
- 90/10 policy: each team member can devote 10% of their time (usually a Friday every other week) to innovate and grow professionally 📚.
- Birthday policy 🎂: We’ll celebrate your day, showing appreciation with a gift.
- 🖐🏾 We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics ⚖️. FounderNest considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. FounderNest is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation made due to a disability, please let us know openly.
💰 Compensation & Perks
- You will have a full-time contract (i.e. no freelance work).
- We will offer you a very competitive salary based on your past experience and future potential, including a variable component baked into it. We also want you to have stock options since we want you to grow as the company grows and to celebrate FounderNest’s success at all levels.
- Equipment 💻 : all you need to kill it at work. Just request it and we’ll do our best.
👫 Hiring process
- After you apply, we will review your submission and decide whether we invite you to a quick intro call with Felix, our CEO or Jorge, Chief of Staff.
- If we decide to invite you and this initial call goes well, we will then invite you to start a 4 step fast interview process that we promise will be exciting — you will get to meet some of the leaders at the company you will get to work with, and you will get a great flavor of what working at FounderNest looks like 🙂.