Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 25 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating “offices” wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our “offices” - so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
About the Role
Hungryroot is looking for a Growth Analyst to join our highly impactful and cross-functional Growth team, which sits under the Digital umbrella. In this role, you will support the growth marketing and product functions in understanding and making use of company data to drive performance across acquisition, engagement, and retention, and help us measure and optimize our performance across the conversion funnel.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytical aptitude (intermediate SQL skills are a requirement and experience in or interest in learning Python/R is preferred) with the ability to analyze, interpret and clearly communicate insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders and executives. You are able to generate insights within the context of the business holistically, constantly identifying solutions and opportunities to optimize all aspects of growth marketing and product at Hungryroot.
At Hungryroot we take pride in being an analytically-led organization, using data to inform our decisions and to gather insights. This is an opportunity to join an exceptional Growth team with a wide scope of work across retention and acquisition. If you thrive in a highly collaborative environment and are eager to work on impactful and interesting projects, we’d love to hear from you!
- Partner with marketing and product stakeholders on leveraging analytics for both pre-checkout and post-checkout A/B tests and other marketing and product experiments
- Design, build, maintain and improve new and existing reporting and dashboards
- Collaborate with other analysts on the Growth team on one-off projects
- Work cross-functionally with the Data team to help define robust data management practices for enabling analytical solutions
- Conduct analysis on marketing and product performance as needed. Surface and communicate strategic insights and suggest optimizations to our partners.
- Provide any relevant analytics support to cross-functional or company-wide projects and initiatives
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytics role or position (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree required with focus on data science, statistics or other mathematical or scientific field (or equivalent)
- A clear communicator with solid written and oral communications
- Able to navigate ambiguity, turning complex problems into small, actionable steps
- A motivated, positive, proactive and transparent attitude
- Expertise with:
- Writing complex SQL queries for analytics purposes
- Building ETLs, define and implement data pipelines (with data eng help)
- A/B test design and interpretation
- E-commerce conversion funnels and direct response (Facebook/Instagram, Google search, etc.) and non-direct response (TV, podcasts, etc) marketing data
- Looker or similar visualization and reporting tools (i.e. Hive, Mode, Chartio, Tableau, etc)
- Experience with the below is not required, but a plus:
- Marketing attribution
- D2C / subscription business models
- Lifecycle / retention marketing (including email drips)
- Statistical modeling (time series analysis, regression analysis and other forms, etc)
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!